Solar is a scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wojownik

Zawsze gotowy Zawsze blisko
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
That seems to be the experience of most folks that have tried solar. I haven't heard any positive reports.
I know some people that have went solar, and they said they’d never do it again.

I know someone that a company hit them up to pay them to install a solar farm on their land, but after many months of lawyers and negotiations, it didn’t happen.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may have been mentioned but our hail storms OK are not friendly to the panels. And insurance companies
would require separate writer. Average life span is 10 years for 80% performances last I checked.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about those interrupting ads on the YoooTooobs that say the Fed will pay for them?

What about the salesman's claims their company will pay the difference in electric bills?

What about the salesman's claim that OGE will buy the electricity you make and give you a rebate?

The claim that it will add value to your home?

The claim the solar panels cost can be transferred to the new owner? Who would take that one on when buying a house?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may have been mentioned but our hail storms OK are not friendly to the panels. And insurance companies
would require separate writer. Average life span is 10 years for 80% performances last I checked.
ALL of the companies I talked to said their panes survive hail. Yeah right, and Hillary isn't a crook.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about those interrupting ads on the YoooTooobs that say the Fed will pay for them?

What about the salesman's claims their company will pay the difference in electric bills?

What about the salesman's claim that OGE will buy the electricity you make and give you a rebate?

The claim that it will add value to your home?

The claim the solar panels cost can be transferred to the new owner? Who would take that one on when buying a house?

The goobermint gives you credit on your tax bill for the cost of materials. You pay labor. Taking $20k credit on income is ????, $7k off taxes.

Carpet bagger scam sales are like a campaigning politician, they will tell you ANYTHING, until that vote is cast.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 7 years ago I calculated the ROI of solar payback.

If you have a contractor install it + Fed 30% tax credit, it was a 30 year ROI.
The contractor will promise 7-yr ROI - but their math is stupid optimistic and unrealistic. Even using their own system didn't make the KWH they thought they'd get.

If you buy used panels (cheaper) and did the installation yourself + 30% FED credit, then the payback was 5-10 years. And that's if your time is "free".
DIY - is the only way the numbers work.

I didn't do it.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My current electric bill is $128.23

Cost of fuel is $34.40

What does that tell you solar would do?

1728679353385.png

Latest posts