Some blades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found a stocking stuffer for my wife to get me, Thanks guys the tops knives look nice. I have wanted a good fixed carry knife. Im going with the bagdad bullet or the scapel. Do the tops hold a edge good?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found a stocking stuffer for my wife to get me, Thanks guys the tops knives look nice. I have wanted a good fixed carry knife. Im going with the bagdad bullet or the scapel. Do the tops hold a edge good?

I can't say yet, I've only used it on a few minor things since I just got it yesterday. I know most of their knives are just 1095 steel, and I'm not sure as to what their tempering or heat-treating processes are, but ESEE's 1095 knives are pretty damn hard and they hold an edge very well.

I'll find out this next week as I get a chance to use it, but its friggin perfect size for EDC - it carries better than any of my other fixed-blades (It's also much smaller, and there's less protection from your hand slipping off of the handle/scales onto the blade, but it grips well enough and has thick enough scales, that it's not a huge issue).

I will say that I've found something else that I dislike about the sheath - the clip that comes with it has the swivel clip that's screwed onto the back of the sheath with a rubber washer - which is awesome in every way except for the fact that the clip has an opening that is like 2 1/8" - I'm wearing a 5.11 instructor belt that's 1 3/4" and this thing is loose on my belt.

The clip looks to be removable, but it doesn't look easily modified to shorten in any way. I'll see what I can do with it though.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some good looking blades. I love the Warden size from Bussekin. Now I want to try the Ridgeback out, but we will have to wait until the wife gets me one as I am on a no steel buying program.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like that scalpel. I've been thinking about getting a good fixed blade knife and those go for the price I'd pay for a decent knife. I'll keep my eye out on reviews to see how well they hold an edge.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm carrying my II today. Goes right in my pocket.

I really want to compare the two Izula's for size sometime - I'll give you a holler the next time I'm in OKC and I'll bring all of these so you can check them out.

Here's a pic of all of the new tiny fixed-blades next to each other (it really shocks me as to how large the Busse ends up looking compared to the others):

[Broken External Image]

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know how easy this is to get hooked, Sumo recommended swamprat knives to me. I got a Ratmanduex earlier this week and have not put it down. I am now looking for a fixed blade EDC size knife to start carrying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom