Some Positive Economic News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I placed a Walmart grocery delivery order for $107 yesterday, delivered this morning. Tax was only .94 cents. That's a substantial decrease from what it would've been a month ago thanks to Oklahoma dropping the state sales tax on most grocery items. Probably saved us about $6, give or take. Now multiply that times 24 to 30 times over a year and it adds up to real savings and real money that we get to hang on to. I know some were ambivalent about the new law but this is proof it will be helpful to anyone who buys grocery items (pretty much everyone). Yes, it would be better if food wasn't taxed at all...but this is a positive step in the right direction.

I ordered a few cases of canned dog food. It was over $22 per case last time I bought it. The price at Walmart dropped to $19.94 and it was only $18.94 from Amazon with the "Subscribe and Save" discount and free delivery. That's over 20%. Again...it doesn't seem like much when you only buy a case or two. But when you multiply those two cases over several times a year, it adds up to a nice savings.

That's the first good news we've had in terms of grocery buying in years. We're on fixed incomes so this is real money to us.

Also, this is the 3rd time we've used Walmart+ free delivery. The service has been excellent every time. It also means someone is taking the opportunity to work and earn an income. We usually only order heavy/bulky stuff for delivery and it helps us out a lot. I signed up for Walmart+ because it was basically free the first year. I hadn't planned on renewing...but that was before they started offering delivery to the house. Now that we've seen how helpful the free delivery service is, I'm pretty sure we'll renew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom