The Beautiful Humanity of Death Row

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beware of the premise that everyone on death row is guilty. Is executing an occasional innocent person ok?
I think so, there will never be a perfect system. But if we are going to get serious, if the prosecution team, in a death penalty case, is caught lying, hiding evidence, non disclosure, etc, then they get the needle also. Like string tie Bob Macy and his partner Joyce Gilcrest. We need to quite fuc*ing around, Bidens gift to America was 1.3 mil "newcomers" most of which are criminals. The prison and jails are full, we get to support all that. Executions need to be put on fastrack, 20 years on death row is bullsh*t. I don't understand why people are so hesitant to execute somebody that would kill them for fun.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people are talking about protecting the accused in this discussion...and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm all for due process. But I'm also all for protecting victims more than criminals.

No... It's not right that an innocent person can get caught up in a system that might, on a very rare occasion, put them to death. No matter how you slice it, it's not right.

But it's the system we have and there has to be a balance between seeing that justice is done for the victim and society without denying protections to the accused.

There are many, many safeguards in place in an attempt to see this doesn't happen. Is it perfect? No...unfortunately, it can't be perfect. Just like the system oftentimes doesn't protect the victim like it should. And that's a tragedy that occurs far, far more often than a wrongly accused and convicted person being put to death. Far too many victims aren't afforded the luxury of a legal system looking out for them like it does the accused...because they're already dead.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time they were all alleged of the crime but then proven. Nothing is certain but if a guy takes advantage of a small child, that would be certain in my book. I don't think that I would be too coherent on a jury if a child was raped, it'd bring me to tears. That's one thing I can't stand child abuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom