ODWC App

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a FYI, I heard third hand this morning an interesting story. A guy I know, knows someone who received a ticket from Mr. Green Jeans for a wildlife infraction and they nailed him because of the ODWC app. I guess they can see who went into an area, at what time and used that data to track down the guy and bust him.

I have zero idea if it is true but I found it interesting. You guys think this is legit or rumor?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the app got someone busted on a serious offense, I doubt they’d go through the trouble over a minor violation though. Don’t go where you shouldn’t, don’t poach and always disable location permissions in the app.
In my experience, the ODWC app wouldn’t work for chit, and I deleted it at least a couple years ago.

The only app I give permission to track me is Life360, and that’s for my wife and daughter.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with the app in areas where I have cell service. I pretty much only use it to check animals in though. Online check in is very convenient, but I do miss the old carcass tags. Those Manila tags made a more handsome keepsake than my current “ballpoint on the back of a receipt” tag.
Online check vs having to go to a check station has been hotly discussed several times on here, and having to find a check station open after dark on a Sunday night in Alfalfa county was a royal pain in the @ss. There have been several times Nescatunga was closed, Jet was closed, and I had to go to Nash to find one open.
In 20 years of deer hunting up there, I’ve never not checked a deer, but there were several times I’ve thought about it in those days.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with the app in areas where I have cell service. I pretty much only use it to check animals in though. Online check in is very convenient, but I do miss the old carcass tags. Those Manila tags made a more handsome keepsake than my current “ballpoint on the back of a receipt” tag.
You can purchase a fancy tag.

I love checking it in and getting it on ice without having to walk through every step with a purple hair C Store clerk that doesn't understand the importance of "archery" "adult" "antlered" from the other choices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom