Something I haven't Seen Before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just was coming home from dropping my father off, after a range trip, and a deer was suddenly running along side my car. Now mind you I have seen deer before, but never in the middle of Warr Acres. It came out of Twin Lakes housing addition and went back in another entrance. As I run with a dash cam, I present for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 512877
I just got my second dash cam and got it started yesterday. Hoping to get some awesome videos like yours.
Had a cheapie for the first, it sucked. Sucked bad. In just a few years, they have improved exponentially.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decades ago I worked for Caterpillar and we working on some excavators in an oil shale mine in Parachute Co. I was following the service truck down the hill when I seen a very nice mule deer buck running across a hay field. As he was running the service truck was going along deer was coming fast he jumped the fence and ran right into the side of the bright yellow caterpillar service truck. Thought for sure it must have killed him I slowed down to see the outcome and the other mechanic stopped the truck to check for damage. After a few minutes the deer stood up wobbled around for a few and hauled ass back the way he came. Don't remember if he damaged the tool boxes on the side of the truck or not.
I had a friend with running boards on his truck have a deer run alongside him for a bit and then just turn into him on the driver's door getting a hoof hooked into the running boards. It beat that truck up something terrible on that side before he got stopped. It was still thrashing. As it was a country road, he dispatched it with his .45 after calling the county GW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom