OK is getting a new B-21 program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may well know more about this than I do it sounds like. I'm hearing it from the top but a lot is classified info that she cant tell me. Its no secret though that the B-21 program is moving to OKC from Edwards AFB and Northrop Grumman needs 4800 employees to operate it here. This will be great for OK and bring many high paying jobs, some or most with paid education for said positions.
Edwards will continue testing and evaluation, I think.
Will they be civil service jobs or contractors?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NG jobs aren't government positions. They pay great and recognize alot of everything Tinker does holiday wise.
Well theres the answer, I assumed wrong.
I cant say that I know for sure but since they are doing internships at High schools and also setting up a curriculum at some Vo-Techs, Id assume civil service?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can say for certain, ND was not trying to bring in a bunch of out of state people, they want to hire as many Okies as possible. They have already sent 800 in now to get the program up and going. My understanding was those 800 will go back home once the other 4000 are hired and trained.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And when the last B-1 goes to the boneyard, there’ll be a B-52 waiting to bring the crew back…
Lol. That's probably true but the B1 can do things that would rip the wings off the B52. They're impressive to say the least.

If this would have happened 20 years ago I'd be working there. Well...Maybe, I was getting burnt out by aerospace back then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom