Sonic And Chili's Announce No-Gun Policies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't, but my wife does. Apparently they even built up to the story. My wife called me into the bedroom to ask about it before the story came on so I was in there to see it. And it was all about Sonic, I don't even think they mentioned Chilli's.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I was meaning my comment about people still watching the news as a joke, just in case it did not come off that way. I am surprised they gave it so much play, but then again, I guess I shouldn't be. I could be off on my analysis, who knows.

As far as losing Chili's, I never cared for them much one way or the other; however, I am almost inclined to give them my business now. I think given the dumb-asses who put them in this situation, their ban on Open Carry is a reasonable response, although it is regretful that the headlines simply read that they are banning guns. It appears they intentionally worded it to not include concealed carry. This response is far preferable to what we've seen with Chipotle, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Starbucks, etc..

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kinda idiots would sling an AK-47 over their shoulder after they got outta the car just to go inside and eat a footlong chili chesse covered weenie? Stupid is as stupid does. I just wish they had a Sonic here.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I would feel safer if I could bring this bad boy into a Chili's.

www.thegunzone.com_people_images_lahti.jpg

Lahti 20mm
shot one

I dont sit on Skronic's patio anyhow. F-em

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am just guessing, but I think they may be going for the headlines. While they are in pro-gun areas, they don't exactly rake the business in from what I see driving by. If I had to make a wild-ass guess, their thought process is "Let's lump ourselves in with restaurants with more mass appeal (the coordinated Chili's/Sonic press releases) and make a stance that while absolutely meaningless (differing to state laws for vehicle carry, at a vehicle only for all intensive purposes) will gather us lots of headlines, and with any luck anti-gun people will support our "stance" in droves". I would bet there will be no signs posted, they know the anti-gun community will see and herald this decision, and almost no one else will (if you didn't see it on here, do you think you would have ever seen it?).

Intensive purposes lol

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we eat at sonic, and will continue to do so. This isn't a issue for me, I've never sat at their patio area, and never will.
Open Carry Texas are a bunch of attention whore mall ninjas. They tried organizing a "rally" in Sherman earlier this year, and posted on the local
facebook gun groups. They got tore apart by the locals for being idiots. I think 3 people showed up, and Sherman pd told them to go home and stop being stupid.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh. My. It's a good thing all I care about anymore when I go out to eat is the quality of food and the service. Neither of which are very good at the Sonic right down the street from my house, unfortunately.

"Intensive purposes" ... Autocorrect, maybe?? (I HATE :mad: F'NG AUTOCORRECT!!!! :grumble:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom