Sonic And Chili's Announce No-Gun Policies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank God there are some state's that still have freedom that the sign does not matter. you just have to leave if asked to. Since I am new to OK is that the case in OK?

If there is a no guns sign and I come in concealed and then someone notices me printing have I broken a law or do I just have to leave?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank God there are some state's that still have freedom that the sign does not matter. you just have to leave if asked to. Since I am new to OK is that the case in OK?

If there is a no guns sign and I come in concealed and then someone notices me printing have I broken a law or do I just have to leave?

If someone asks you to leave, then you should leave. If you don't and they call the JBTs, then you can be charged with trespass ... At least that's the way I understand it (but I'm not a lawyer ... nor a scholar ... and while I have worked at a couple of Holiday Inns in my time, neither of them were an Express ... :P)

(BTW, if someone notices you printing you aren't doing it right ... :wink2: :rotflmao:)

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only signs I look for on a restaurant door is the "open" sign. The worst thing could happen is being asked to leave.

I think I will start laying my pistol on the dash when I go to a Sonic Drive In. Open carry is legal in my pickup.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I guess they be on the way out to a anti gun state, oklahoma was founded on guns and cowboys

That's a nice euphemism for a cross country death march of Native American tribes and the congressional corruption/political partisanship(gerrymandering) that denied them a state of their own. It sounds so much more romantic that way.

[video=youtube_share;8xkz0S_BV4c]http://youtu.be/8xkz0S_BV4c[/video]

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be the first to say that I am a Chili's fan. I eat in there every weekend. I do not like to show off what I have, so I guess we will never know if I am armed or not.
Looks like everyone can be happy in the end.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only signs I look for on a restaurant door is the "open" sign. The worst thing could happen is being asked to leave.

I think I will start laying my pistol on the dash when I go to a Sonic Drive In. Open carry is legal in my pickup.

I found that amusing too. They don't want you carrying concealed at their little picnic tables, but they are okay with you having your gun sitting on your dash.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

OKC_Guy

New to the site!
Reaction score
But these, like Starbucks and Chipoltle, are "requests", right? So until they say something to me I won't change anything.

I am shocked that sonic took this stance. Here in OKC they do have a few more traditional "dine-in" locations. But come on, it's OKLAHOMA!

Whatever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Intensive purposes" ... Autocorrect, maybe?? (I HATE :mad: F'NG AUTOCORRECT!!!! :grumble:)
I wouldn't mind autocowrex so much if it didn't randomly uncorrect things. My iPad has developed a habit of sticking a random "a " in front of some capitalized words (so "Oklahoma City" might become "Oklahoma a City" or "a Oklahoma City"), and it will sometimes change two correct words into two non-words--f'rinstance, I was typing about "my dad's hay field" and it turns it into "my dad' shay field" (no kidding--the damned thing just did it again). Why in the world would it change two correct words into two non-words?

I think my favorite is when you're typing along, and it suggests a word you don't want. You hit the little "x" to tell it that its bad suggestion is not the word you want, then when you finish the next word, it doesn't just go back and change the previous word to the word you didn't want, oh, no, it also has to go and change that next word to a completely different word (or non-word). That can be really fun when you're texting your boss...

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh My GAWD!!!!! These guys are simply exercising their 2a rights!! How DARE we criticize them? What they are doing is making the public see that there is nothing wrong with it.

Yeah; I know. :rollingla

The above is truly how a few of the stalwarts on the Kansas board see this. If you don't agree with them you are a secret anti-gun person brainwashed by the Brady Bunch and don't really support OC. To me, that pro-gun people think it is perfectly OK to carry AR's and AK's into urban restaurants and will defend this practice to the bitter end, as 'desensitizing' the public, is mind-boggling.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh My GAWD!!!!! These guys are simply exercising their 2a rights!! How DARE we criticize them? What they are doing is making the public see that there is nothing wrong with it.

Yeah; I know. :rollingla

The above is truly how a few of the stalwarts on the Kansas board see this. If you don't agree with them you are a secret anti-gun person brainwashed by the Brady Bunch and don't really support OC. To me, that pro-gun people think it is perfectly OK to carry AR's and AK's into urban restaurants and will defend this practice to the bitter end, as 'desensitizing' the public, is mind-boggling.
Yep. I hate to get the OC crowd started, but none of this was a problem when I "may, or may not" have had my Glock on me all of these years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom