Sovereign citizen gets killed by police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a county deputy, here’s my perspective on the issue. I deal with multiple people nightly, and I assume everyone is armed. When someone tells me they have a gun I’m not scared, I’m not alarmed, I don’t get jumpy, I just simply tell them that if they don’t grab theirs, I won’t grab mine. Common sense and a little courtesy go a long ways, and that guy was absolutely looking for a fight. He failed to ID himself, and also failed to answer simple questions that could’ve resolved the issue at hand with the plates and registration. He wanted attention, he created a conflict, and was a product of play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Is it sad he paid for his ignorance with his life? Absolutely. It’s unfortunate any time a life is lost and it could’ve been prevented however, he made the choice to act ignorantly and the result was obvious. That cop went out of his way to be professional about enforcing the law, and regardless of whatever he did short of just walking off and letting the sovereign citizen have his way, was gonna be a total crap show. That whole situation was a no win for everybody involved because of the actions of the sovereign citizen and the behavior he displayed.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that the officers had to shoot the young man. This all could have been avoided had the young man simply obeyed the law and followed the commands of the VERY patient RO.
If that young man hadn't just assaulted and robbed someone, then drove recklessly, he'd still be alive today. There would have been no reason for the cops to interact with him at all.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that young man hadn't just assaulted and robbed someone, then drove recklessly, he'd still be alive today. There would have been no reason for the cops to interact with him at all.
I must have missed something along the way. The last I heard was that [according to the body cam] he had been pulled over for having an illegal license/tag. So where did the 'assault', 'robbery' and 'reckless driving' accusations come from?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must have missed something along the way. The last I heard was that [according to the body cam] he had been pulled over for having an illegal license/tag. So where did the 'assault', 'robbery' and 'reckless driving' accusations come from?

First time reading a TK cop-bashing post veiled in sarcasm, huh?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Theat's the official tag for the Great State of Stupid.

Cops are people to! If allowed to look at this from their perspective, it's not a game, or a publicity stunt!! We have a JUSTICE SYSTEM, as imperfect as it is, to settle this type difference of opinion, IN COURT! We can see how trying to settle this difference of opinion in the car, on CAMERA, worked out! Were these cops suppose to let this guy not identify himself, or be searched for weapons? That is a REALLY GOOD WAY FOR THEM TO GET THEMSELVES KILLED!
No, we have a LEGAL system. They are not synonymous.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was driving. State wasn't getting their money. State employees put an end to that.

Yes, he was stupid.

It does boil down to tax collection and violence, stupid or not.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hire egomaniac snowflakes who are expected to carry out fully corrupt and coercive orders. Yeah, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

There is no law so deranged or immoral that your local/state/federal law enforcement won’t gleefully carry it out. We have a huge cop problem in this country.

Oh you mean the truth that his holster was empty - that truth?
Why was the holster empty?

Latest posts

Top Bottom