Steve McQueen or Paul Newman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough one.............Steve doing the jump over the fence in the dirty dozen was very cool considering the machine he had to use, and doing it himself without a stunt double.

Paul Newman, very cool, especially for donating all of the proceeds from his salad dressings to charity. I think his daughter is continuing to run the philanthropy?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, the dirty dozen was a Hollywood version of the actual squad called the Filthy 13. One of the members was Jake McNeese. I knew him personally. He has a book out there.

Sadly the Bad Ass MO FO passed away last year.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke.

I love Steve McQueen, he was definitely a cool dude, BUT Newman was a better person.

That said, The Great Escape will forever be one of the greatest movies of all time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough one.............Steve doing the jump over the fence in the dirty dozen was very cool considering the machine he had to use, and doing it himself without a stunt double.

Paul Newman, very cool, especially for donating all of the proceeds from his salad dressings to charity. I think his daughter is continuing to run the philanthropy?

Ok, Its been awhile and I'm confused. Did Steve jump the fence in the dirty dozen or the great escape?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, Its been awhile and I'm confused. Did Steve jump the fence in the dirty dozen or the great escape?

Great Escape..............I liked Newman's part in The Road to Perdition......that' one of my all time favorites, not an oldie, but great great movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom