What are your favorite Steve McQueen movies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in book by Greg Laurie, "Steve McQueen....The Salvation of an American Icon," Greg highlights Steve's Montana love, Greg actually visited Steve's third wife Barbie at their Montana home, where she still lives, for her approval and permission to publish the book. Interesting read. Greg has a "wanna be" Bullitt Mustang.......
Thanks for that, I'll have to look that up

Georgie 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Hollywood thought it was Sand Pebbles, as it was his only Academy Award for Best Actor.

My choices for best:
Bullitt ( un-American not to vote for this. one..)
The Great Escape
Papillon (with Dustin Hoffman)
Sand Pebbles
The Towering Infernal (Steve would vote for this as it made him highest paid actor at the time...$12,000,000)
Magnificent Seven (westernized version of Seven Samurai)

Different spin, What was his WORST film?

-The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery (1959) (I lived not far from actual 1953 robbery at Southwestern and Kingshighway. Didn't really grasp what happened, only that is was big, scary something.)
-The Blob (1958) (terrible, but it got him started as leading actor, made $40.5million on $1.1million budget.)

Interesting read is book by Greg Laurie, "Steve McQueen....The Salvation of an American Icon". Many see Greg today, a Southern California minister, on TV back dropped by Pacific Ocean inviting viewers to know Christ, offering free Bibles to help with their spiritual journey, as McQueen embarked upon before his passing.

Thinking would be nice to have a few DVDs for evenings in my 45ft motorcoach en route, I got started collecting DVDs of favorite actors. GoodWill is like hunting without a gun, never know what you'll bag. As with most things I do, I may have gotten a little carried away....maybe 4,000 times!!!!! Have all McQueen's except three, all the 007 movies (found 19 new in a tin canister set at GoodWill for 75% off at $19, and it was off to the hunt.....); most of John Wayne (minus a few very early B&W starters), Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood (wish he hadn't hung on to do Cry Macho....he "wasn't no more"), most of Stallone's...yeah, all Rambos, Robin Williams....RIP funny psychotic, Dustin Hoffman, most war classics CW-WWs-K-VN-sandpit, old movie star classics, and many, many more. Built humongous shelf system between 2x6 wall studs in a long, boring, 6ft wide, two-story hallway in one of my houses, including an iconic libraryish rolling ladder.
Bullitt

Latest posts

Top Bottom