Storm shelter recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On Amazon, I found this little personal safety device. It has both a siren and a strobe light and it's only $12. I'll put one of these in The Bunker. If we're trapped down there, I'll knock off the vent off, duct tape this to a stick, set the strobe and siren off and poke it up the hole until it annoys someone enough to rescue us.

View attachment 29851

That's really cool. We have always suggested people putting a whistle down in their shelter just in case. I really like the fact that it has a strobe light... not bad for $12.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very impressed with this company, very strong welded steel not concrete, they make more sense than all the others I have seen. I copied this from their website.

Royce Shelters

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa433_n1ghthawk1_3f4892ab0e3775e1b45a88140c09e28e_zps7700b18c.jpg

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa433_n1ghthawk1_6457c047a34362eb14d2453440d3a3cc_zps109a3bab.jpg

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa433_n1ghthawk1_37f50ff529aa2427ed378d46f951800e1_zpsda4c8495.jpg

Royce Shelters builds custom in-ground shelters.

We install shelters quickly and at fair prices. We have been in business since 2008 and serve the Oklahoma city metro and surrounding areas.

All shelters include; escape jack, stairs, and ground anchors.

$1995 - 4x5x5 - fits 4 people
$2500 - 6x5x6 - fits 6 people
$3995 - 6x8x6 - fits 10 people

**size estimates include 5 sq ft per person**
** all shelters come with manufacture 10 yr warranty against leaks**

FAQ
Why are Royce shelters better than concrete shelters?
Concrete shelters have been known for the doors to blow off during violent storms, and have also been known to crack from debris falling on them. Since Royce Shelters are in the ground and the doors are held in place by metal bars, the doors stay on and won't crack from debris.

Why are your shelters better than in garage shelters?
Royce shelters do not require search and rescue to search through rubble to find you in your garage. Since they are outside you can just get out once the storm leaves.

Do I need fans for my shelter?
Royce in ground shelters due to the metal design stay a cool in the summer and warm in the winter. So, no.

Where is your office?
Our Headquarters is in Moore, Oklahoma.

How long does it take to install a Royce Shelter?
Typical install times for In ground shelters is 4 hours.

Do you service other areas besides Oklahoma City metro?
We like to focus in our own backyard but exceptions can be made.

Do your shelters follow FEMA regulations?
Yes, we have FEMA 320 doors, and follow FEMA ICC 500 standards for construction.

Call us today for a quote 405-759-0359 or email us at [email protected]

Last edited:

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank Ryan with F5 Storm Shelter in Edmond for a quick and painless install. They put ours in on the Friday before the Moore tornado and it looks great. The install crew with fast and did a great job of leaving everything in better shape than they found it. I would definitely get another from them if I moved! Here are a few pics of mine installed. The lights are from Wal-Mart and were only a few bucks each.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom