Tavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I guess "Sometime" came pretty quick, got my replacement firing pin spring in the mail today.

I'm telling ya Mr. Glock that SWFA 1-6 is it for me

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can remove one of the two springs in the trigger assembly to lighten the trigger pull. It's very easy to do, as the TA drops out the bottom with the removal of two pins, and a pair of needle-nose pliers comes in handy for the spring removal. The second spring was added at the Israeli Army's request to ensure proper ignition of hard military primers in adverse conditions.

Was looking at my Tavor TA and the second spring Im seeing isnt on the hammer. Not sure how this would affect hammer strikes on hard primers.

Found this vid on youtube. Are we talking about the same spring? Im not messing with mine for now as it seems evertime I mess with a gun it does more bad than good LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dizuRNL0HIs

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has absolutely no effect on the hammer at all. It is essentially a trigger return spring. I've removed mine and it did lessen the pull a few pounds.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess "Sometime" came pretty quick, got my replacement firing pin spring in the mail today.

I'm telling ya Mr. Glock that SWFA 1-6 is it for me

Your killing me!! I did my homework on the SWFA 1-6. I am going to shoot this thing awhile longer with the Aimpoint, make sure I love it, and chew on the idea of dropping a grand on it..............

That and I know some magnification is needed for these old eyes, as I found out up in Arkansas.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did you put on top of yours? Scope? Red Dot? Does it Co witness with the flip up sites. I put a Aimpoint Pro on and it does.

I used the burris pepr mount with a cheapo centerpoint 1-4x20 illum circle&dot scope I had just to try it out (I actually really like that scope for the money). At 1x and fine tuning the focus it works like a red dot scope almost. But I plan on getting the meprolight M21 to keep on it. That sight was intended to be co-witness with the irons. I believe other reflex sights may need the riser to be co-witness. I haven't put my eotech on it yet but the sightmark knock off was too low for co-witness.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking at my Tavor TA and the second spring Im seeing isnt on the hammer. Not sure how this would affect hammer strikes on hard primers.

Found this vid on youtube. Are we talking about the same spring? Im not messing with mine for now as it seems evertime I mess with a gun it does more bad than good LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dizuRNL0HIs

My bad. It doesn't help with primer strikes as the other poster said; but it was indeed requested by the IDF because they found the "standard" setup sometimes failed to reset during adverse conditions. Hence the second spring. Yes, that's the one in the video - easy job to do. Took me all of three minutes, and most of that was spent trying to get the trigger group out of the rifle.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has absolutely no effect on the hammer at all. It is essentially a trigger return spring. I've removed mine and it did lessen the pull a few pounds.

I agree, the hammer has a separate spring of its own. The extra trigger spring looks like a last minute add-on. When you remove the trigger pack you can see inside the receiver where there is a slot with a bar that slides back and forth with each trigger pull. It is this bar that pulls on the sear lever. Keep that area clean and there is no reason for the extra spring.

Here is an article with some good views of the sear mechanism. Note that the spring we are talking about removing isn't even shown. It would be hooked on the notch in the "U" shaped cutout of the purple part and to a pin located in the back of the frame.

http://apexgunsmithing.com/technical-review-timney-tavor-trigger/

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your killing me!! I did my homework on the SWFA 1-6. I am going to shoot this thing awhile longer with the Aimpoint, make sure I love it, and chew on the idea of dropping a grand on it..............

That and I know some magnification is needed for these old eyes, as I found out up in Arkansas.

LOL, don't forget you'll need a mount also, I dropped $1200 total. You could always g with the 1-4 for $799 plus mount.......

I'm not old yet but it makes it much easier with magnification. Just sell that colt and keep the jacket and you will have the cash. ;-)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, the more I shoot it, the more I am liking it. Clean running. Shot some more today and I am liking everything about it!! I have found no fault in it yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom