TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard on KRMG this morning - a recording of Bates using his position at Sheriff's dept as a bargaining tool......

Pretty obvious he's a first-class jerk, if he comes back to Tulsa, he's a stupid first-class jerk.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's the latest chit ...

=========

Protesters File Petition to Investigate Tulsa Sheriff
May 06, 2015
TULSA, Okla. -

Rallies by community activist group We the People Oklahoma have become a familiar sight in downtown Tulsa. But at Wednesday's rally, the group had something new to talk about.

Dozens of protesters marched from through downtown from 2nd Street and Elgin, to the Tulsa County Sheriff's office a few blocks away. There were even some new faces in the crowd, like State Senator Kevin Matthews.

"I'm here to say that my community wants the leadership to change, and I agree with them," said Matthews.

A few hours before the protest, Attorney for We the People Oklahoma Laurie Phillips filed a petition for a grand jury investigation.

In the petition, Phillips lays out the reasons she believes Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz should be removed from office. Reasons like not maintaining proper records, giving special treatment to certain people, putting the public at risk and a lack of proper training for reserve deputies.

All stemming from the shooting death of Marc Harris by 73-year-old reserve deputy Robert Bates.

"It's time for him to step down," said Marc Lewis with We the People Oklahoma.

Oklahoma law does not allow or recall elections.

"This is the only recourse that our citizens have to take up to remove an elected official," said Lewis.

A judge now has until Tuesday, May 12, to determine whether the petition warrants a grand jury investigation.

http://www.ktul.com/story/28999136/protesters-file-petition-to-investigate-tulsa-sheriff

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa County Sheriff's Office puts entire reserve deputy program on hold
May 12, 2015

media2.kjrh.com_photo_2015_04_24_tcso_1429907931462_17271292_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

TULSA - A spokesperson for the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office confirmed Tuesday that the entire reserve deputy program has been put on hold for the next three months.

Recently the TCSO announced their advanced reserve deputy program was on hold following several accusations of favoritism as well as stories of reserve deputies performing duties they were under-qualified to engage in.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...e-puts-entire-reserve-deputy-program-on-hold?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the plot thickens ...
Read The Full Cease And Desist Letter

=======

City Accuses TCSO Of Dragging Police Chief Into Bates Investigation
May 13, 2015

kotv.images.worldnow.com_images_7762461_G.jpg

Tulsa Police Chief, Chuck Jordan.
TULSA, Oklahoma -

The city of Tulsa is accusing the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office of dragging Police Chief Chuck Jordan into the Bob Bates investigation.

In a letter sent to Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler, Tulsa's City Attorney claims TCSO Major Shannon Clark told several media outlets to investigate Jordan, saying he oversaw the reserve deputy training program in 2009.

Read The Full Cease And Desist Letter

The letter states Jordan took over the reserve program in October, two months after the investigation into the training Bates.

The letter demands Sheriff Stanley Glanz order Clark to, “cease and desist from engaging in these reprehensible tactics attempting to shift media focus.”

Glanz placed Clark on paid leave Monday while his duties and performance are evaluated.

There is no word if the letter played any role in that decision.

http://www.newson6.com/story/290593...ragging-police-chief-into-bates-investigation

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like the sheriff is firing people right and left in an attempt to distance himself .. how long before the sheriff goes?

------------

Tulsa County Sheriff's Office Capt. Bill McKelvey suspended as result of Shannon Clark investigation
Jun 1, 2015

media2.kjrh.com_photo_2015_06_01_McKelvey_1433189758881_19074282_ver1.0_640_480.png

TULSA - Another member of the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office has been suspended.

Captain Bill McKelvey was placed on administrative leave as a result of the investigation into the job performance of former TCSO spokesman Major Shannon Clark, according to Terry Simonson.

Simonson, TCSO director of governmental affairs and acting spokesman, says McKelvey is now the subject of an internal affairs investigation.

Clark was terminated last week by Sheriff Stanley Glanz after spending nearly three weeks on suspension while an evaluation of his job performance was completed.

In recent months, a number of staffing changes have occurred at the sheriff's office following a deadly reserve deputy-involved shooting.

Former Undersheriff Tim Albin and Major Tom Huckeby both took forced resignations after the death of Eric Harris, who was shot April 4 by reserve deputy Robert Bates.

Fallout fro the shooting uncovered a 2009 internal TCSO memo that raised questions about Albin's and Huckeby's supervision of Bates and others in the department.

On Monday, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation announced it has opened an investigation into allegations of wrongdoing at the sheriff's office. The investigation was prompted by a request by Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler, who later recused himself from any potential case. Okmulgee County DA O.B. Barris was later assigned as prosecutor by the Oklahoma attorney general.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...clark-investigation?google_editors_picks=true

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like the sheriff is firing people right and left in an attempt to distance himself .. how long before the sheriff goes?

------------

If you check around, somebody may have an over/under pool going for that question. I look forward to the day when we get the rest of story on all these people that the Sheriff has thrown under the bus.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"It wasn't me! Everybody in the department did it wrong but me, I swear! I had no idea!"
--Sheriff Glanz

As to Poke78's comment, I wonder how many people are quietly looking to move to other departments right now? I sure wouldn't want to serve under somebody who'd throw everybody under the bus to save his own sorry hide.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

Latest posts

Top Bottom