Tell me about the Ruger LCP Max .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Off duty, I prefer pocket carry. Mostly due to the fact that when I take off that damned monkey suit (LE uniform) I'm wearing gym shorts or Key overhauls.

I've been totin' my Glock 43X in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster but as I get older, ounces become pounds, and a pistol the size of my beloved G43X is just a tad too big for the pocket.

So I was thinking about a mouse gun, but not one so small that I can only get two fingers on it, nor do I really want anything smaller than say a .380ACP.

I've owned a few .380s before...Ruger LCP, LCP II and a Kahr CW380, but they were all single stack, hence, too small for my gorilla hands. :grumble:

So, I'm digging around on the YouTube this morning and I see the Ruger LCP Max in .380. I'm not a HUGE fan of the .380 cartridge, but it's better than a slingshot and a pocket full of rocks.

It looks like it would be the perfect sized pocket pistol. Not so big that it jabs and rouges my fat belly, yet not so small you gotta fish around in your pocket to find it.

What say ye LCP Max owners? Are ye fans of such weapon? Or should I avoid it like the plague? :anyone:

:thanku:

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an lcp after shooting one.. and found it a great pocket gun for when you have to dress up, tucked in shirt, etc- cant carry something bigger. The max has much bigger easy to see sights, maybe an ounce heavier- but 10 rds not 6. Function has been good.

NorthFan

Marksman
Reaction score
If you were up this way id let you shoot it.
Not a Max but these additions to an LCP make it a much more shootable pistol. I tried a Max and found it a big too big and heavy for pocket carry.

Attachments

• IMG_2107.jpeg
    IMG_2107.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the LCP Max and carry it a lot when I don't feel like carrying the 43X w/optic around. I have a belt clip on mine and clip it to my pocket. It's so easy to carry you don't really notice it. Yeah...it's "only" a .380 but I don't worry about that. I've never seen anyone who's been shot, or shot at, who was really concerned that the person shooting at them wasn't carrying a larger caliber gun. They mostly just didn't want to get shot/shot at any longer.

Mine has been completely reliable over probably a couple thousand rounds, it has useable sights with a tritium front sight and it's a little easier to hold than some other pocket guns. I like it.

Palmetto has a stainless slide version for $250 right now but it comes with 10 round mags for states with restrictions. They also have 2-packs of 12-round mags for $46. So you can get a gun with 3 mags for just under $300 (+ tax/shipping).

Not my favorite carry gun in the world but it's certainly adequate and at the price it's pretty hard to beat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom