Texas State Carbine Match - February 21st 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to Kurt Miller for winning Tactical Irons, Mike Pinto for placing 4th in Tac Irons, and Steve Hogg for finishing his first rifle match in 6th place in Open.
Congrats to me for not getting DQ'd and beating Jerry Miculeck on a stage ;)
Oh yeah and let's not forget Sean McCanne who won most blinged out rifle in Texas.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to Kurt Miller for winning Tactical Irons, Mike Pinto for placing 4th in Tac Irons, and Steve Hogg for finishing his first rifle match in 6th place in Open.
Oh yeah and let's not forget Sean McCanne who won most blinged out rifle in Texas.

I should also give Sean a pat on the back for beating me handily with a new rifle. Nice job man!

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jesse shot well. Now if we can get him to stick to one gun, he is going to be smokin tac-iron. Sean did great. Just so you all know what pressure is for some of the new guys, our squad was me, Jesse, Sean, from team smith and wesson Jerry and BJ Norris, Ty Gentry, Kelly Neal, Benny Hill, Kurt Miller, Trapr Swonson, etc. If you all don't know who these folks are, watch shooting USA anytime and you will see a few of them. Oklahoma represented well. I was holding my own until my rifle became a manually operated rifle on stage 6. Blew that one and the one before it when it started messing up on me. Borrowed kurt's rifle to finish. I think we blued his barrel it got so hot.

We might start using a different scoring method once in a while locally that will make you focus on accuracy a bit more. I think IMGA rules hurt us a bit!

Keep your ear to the ground for a rifle only match to break in our new bays at okcgc.

M

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hey, most of the people in Texas said it was "Recognizable" or "Purty." As in, " You shore got a purty rifle."

:laughup:

It was great getting to shoot with a veritable Who's-who of shooting. I learned a lot and I have some things to work on...

Mike, I really like the idea of using a different scoring method for the next match, and the new bays will be great! It was a really good time down there, and it's cold here!

Latest posts

Top Bottom