Thank you Senator McCain for killing Obamacare repeal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH! Now I get it. The system is even less democratic to pieces of ground than it is to people. Pretty unfair. Still trying to unravel the meaning of the graphic, though, considering what it was posted in response to. Damn. This place is so confusing.

Exactly. I never claimed the system was unfair or that he wasn't the duly elected President...the point wasn't pretty red/blue maps and population density. Lol

I was talking about the concept of mandate and clout. Significantly less than half of those who voted, voted for him. His mandate is weak and his clout gets weaker the more he tweets like victim and congress accomplishes NONE of his agenda.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For 7 years I have heard promises about opening up the market to allow consumers to purchase healthcare insurance across state lines as a way to increase competition.
And yet, NONE of the bills in either the house or senate contained that proposal.
WHY???

Years of promises of tort reform to lower insurance costs.
No tort reform found its way into any of these bills either.
WHY???

By all appearances, the swamp drain is clogged.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I never claimed the system was unfair or that he wasn't the duly elected President...the point wasn't pretty red/blue maps and population density. Lol

I was talking about the concept of mandate and clout. Significantly less than half of those who voted, voted for him. His mandate is weak and his clout gets weaker the more he tweets like victim and congress accomplishes NONE of his agenda.

I posted that image as mostly good natured sarcasm on my part, but it does kinda make my point. Point being that your (and others) opinion of Trump in general was quite pervasive all over the nation leading up to the election. Or was it? Look at that map again...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So John McCain is the most powerful person in the world? He can, single handedly, snuff a repeal. Not since Moses has anyone have that kind of power at his fingertips.
Perhaps he can part the Red Tape too.
The reason the repeal died is because we have an idiot as President. Sorry! I voted for him too but he's an idiot.
Build a wall and get a foreign country to pay for it. STUPID! First day on the job, he will, with the sweep of a pen, have an executive order ending the Affordable Care Act. STUPID!
Every day this toad screws up and makes our country a laughing stock. He had great ideas, that I supported. He's just dumb as a brick on how to get anything done.
His most ardent supporters in the house and senate, want him out.
Blame Sen. McCain? There are 100 members in the Senate and 435 in the House. The Republicans control the House, Senate and White House and you blame McCain.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So John McCain is the most powerful person in the world? He can, single handedly, snuff a repeal. Not since Moses has anyone have that kind of power at his fingertips.
Perhaps he can part the Red Tape too.
The reason the repeal died is because we have an idiot as President. Sorry! I voted for him too but he's an idiot.
Build a wall and get a foreign country to pay for it. STUPID! First day on the job, he will, with the sweep of a pen, have an executive order ending the Affordable Care Act. STUPID!
Every day this toad screws up and makes our country a laughing stock. He had great ideas, that I supported. He's just dumb as a brick on how to get anything done.
His most ardent supporters in the house and senate, want him out.
Blame Sen. McCain? There are 100 members in the Senate and 435 in the House. The Republicans control the House, Senate and White House and you blame McCain.

Sorry, but the Senate GOP owns this failure. POTUS doesn't have anything to do with their abject failure to come up with a repeal bill they could get a majority vote on. Granted McCain is a RINO and Collins/Murkowski are outright Democrats with the wrong letter behind their names, but GOP "leadership" is a joke in both houses. Trump is only POTUS because so many voters despise the entire GOP debacle at the national level. They're the laughing stock of the world and for good reason. :(

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Senate GOP owns this failure. POTUS doesn't have anything to do with their abject failure to come up with a repeal bill they could get a majority vote on. Granted McCain is a RINO and Collins/Murkowski are outright Democrats with the wrong letter behind their names, but GOP "leadership" is a joke in both houses. Trump is only POTUS because so many voters despise the entire GOP debacle at the national level. They're the laughing stock of the world and for good reason. :(
Sorry to disagree but a weak ass president helps no one. A weak, dumb ass president hurts everyone. A weak, dumbass president leading a weak dumbass party is insanity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom