Thanks for the advice and opinions... On the Colt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This gun was my fathers. I'm not sure when he acquired it but I believe it was back in the 60's. He was with the OCPD and even carried this gun when on duty some. I got it from him about a year before he passed. it was polished, accurized, and re-blued when he got it. it is in very good shape with no rust or anything like that. The web would seem to put the value around 1800+ but 1911's seem to be all over the place. I have a friend that looked up the serial number and placed it as being from 1947.
I would like any feedback anyone has on the value. I have shot it in the past and it shoots very well. It has not been fired in several years at this point. Thanks Mark
I’m not even a 1911 guy but dang, I’d like to see a pic! Post one when you get a chance!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This gun was my fathers. I'm not sure when he acquired it but I believe it was back in the 60's. He was with the OCPD and even carried this gun when on duty some. I got it from him about a year before he passed. it was polished, accurized, and re-blued when he got it. it is in very good shape with no rust or anything like that. The web would seem to put the value around 1800+ but 1911's seem to be all over the place. I have a friend that looked up the serial number and placed it as being from 1947.
I would like any feedback anyone has on the value. I have shot it in the past and it shoots very well. It has not been fired in several years at this point. Thanks Mark

I have no doubt it's a very nice gun. But that sort of stuff will kill value depending on the quality of the work and who did the work. I'd say a ballpark guess would put the value of 1/2 (+ or -) what it would be in unaltered condition.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you be willing sell it for $3000?
I commented first entitling me to a $500 finders fee. Me and @Oksailor are willing to let it go for $3,500. Our loss is your gain.
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no doubt it's a very nice gun. But that sort of stuff will kill value depending on the quality of the work and who did the work. I'd say a ballpark guess would put the value of 1/2 (+ or -) what it would be in unaltered condition.

This. Unless the modifications were done by a world-class gunsmith and you have solid documentation of that, the value will take a hit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom