The magnetic field is weakening faster than they thought

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's Bush's fault

My first thoughts too. Actually, since we seem to be focussed on sueing Obama or impeaching him. Let's just add the magnetic field change issue into the laundry list of Obama issues and sue/impeach him for that too. Kind like adding a small political issue onto the tailend of a bill that has lots of chances of passing???!!! And in the end, President Bush wins cause everything is now Obama's fault.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A burp or interruption in the Earth's magnetic field could allow several seconds of unimpeded solar wind to sweep the part of the planet receiving the bow shock of solar radiation. The radiation sickness would exceed that of Hiroshima survivors on a larger scale.

Duh, that's how we got X-Men. I can't wait.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how they will blame this on some activity we are doing so that that activity can be regulated and taxed to stop or reverse it - along the lines with what they are trying to do with global flatulence(global warming, climate change, or what ever the next politically correct and politically expedient name they will call it).

It must be all the cars, airplanes, ships, and railroad trains running through the magnetic field creating mini electric currents that as a whole are dragging the poles and weakening the magnetic fields. Add that to all the bullets whizzing around the globe and you've got the makings of a cause celeb to bring the Second Amendment into question. I can see it now: ... "Do you want guns or do you want stable ground to stand on ? ...

Woody

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's because the mag field is like a muscle. With everyone eschewing old school magnetic compasses for GPS systems, the mag field isn't getting a workout, and getting weaker because of it.

SAVE THE MAGNETIC FIELD! Burn your GPS.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a simple solution. The only thing with enough energy to recharge our magnetic field is about a million bolts of lightning. Just put a couple hundred turns of 000 copper wire around the equator, ground one end and stick the other end up a couple thousand feet into the air and wait for a few thunderstorms to pass by. Don't wind the wire in the wrong direction or you'll degauss the whole planet instead!

Viola!

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom