The New Fast Foods without Dining Rooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably cheaper as far as health codes, not having a dining area. Fewer employees.
Fewer fights like happens in blue cities.

Probably cheaper as far as health codes, not having a dining area. Fewer employees.
Fewer fights like happens in blue cities.
Plus some customers don't like washing their hands after going to the bathroom. Right now at work, a restaurant, we have a stomach bug going around and it is because we have had a bunch of kids in our restaurant who also don't like washing their hands and touch everything.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It also is a logical progression to automated food production and self-service ordering, which you can guarantee is coming with a massively bloated minimum wage.
Yep. Eliminating the counter staff, people needed to clean tables, empty the trash, mop the floor, etc. has the potential to boost the bottom line in a big way. Automated "cooks" that can prepare burgers and fries are already in service in a few locations, and the technology is getting better all the time. Won't be long 'til the typical fast food place won't actually have anyone on site. It'll all be automated and remotely monitored from India or Pakistan. There will still be "luxury" restaurants with actual chefs for special occasions, but pretty soon the idea of a human preparing and serving "fast food" will seem as quaint as an attendant pumping your gas and cleaning your windshield.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE rap ... 🤷 Believe it or not there is quite a bit of musical talent to it. Just not the way us old timers are used to.
I'm gonna have to rethink how I feel about you now. LOL
Play me some Merle, George, Waylon, Coe, but keep that RAP for the trash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom