The Official Airgun Thread v1.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If yer mostly plinkin' at reasonably close range, I'd go with the cheapest ammo.

I had a .177 Crossman pump as a kid (still have it) and shot mostly BBs. Killed a lot of small birds with BBs (lol, our cat would follow me whenever I left the house carrying it).
:drunk2:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been plunking with a Sig "We The People" CO2 BB pistol lately. I am very impressed with it. The blowback uses up some of the energy but I am doing mostly 4in circle at 30ft for the first 50 or so shots with a cartridge. It is pretty realistic in virtually all aspects and the recoil is similar to a 22/45.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a segment of American Air Gunner tonight.
They were cutting cards edgewise at 75 yards and cutting Q tips at 50 yards. 20 round magazine with a bolt action.
This particular rifle was a .30 cal Umarex. I was impressedwith the accuracy.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a segment of American Air Gunner tonight.
They were cutting cards edgewise at 75 yards and cutting Q tips at 50 yards. 20 round magazine with a bolt action.
This particular rifle was a .30 cal Umarex. I was impressedwith the accuracy.

Didn’t find that video yet but I did find this one:

Umarex "Split the Pick" Airgun Challenge at 100 YARDS OFF HAND!
Mar 10, 2020
American Airgunner

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW!!! I have not posted since July and this thread lives on...I was coming back to it to ask if anyone ever modded their crosman 1377/1322/2289? I am looking to add more power with the same pumps. Some of these modders design their guns to make more power with more than 10-15 pumps (like up to 50!!!), but I would like to know the best approach to maximize power "per pump" so I can pump 10 times and have a good gain over a stock gun at ~10 pumps.

I will say, I tried 20 pumps and got ~700fps from a stock 1377 pistol! And ~600 on a 2289 (22 cal). I just would like to get that with 10-12 pumps and I know there is a way to do it with mods but some of the mods lower power until a LOT of pumps and I definitely don't want that.

Anyone who can tell me how is my hero...too much info out there about these and haven't found it in plain english yet...I "think" I need a flat top piston (and maybe a valve too???).

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW!!! I have not posted since July and this thread lives on...I was coming back to it to ask if anyone ever modded their crosman 1377/1322/2289? I am looking to add more power with the same pumps. Some of these modders design their guns to make more power with more than 10-15 pumps (like up to 50!!!), but I would like to know the best approach to maximize power "per pump" so I can pump 10 times and have a good gain over a stock gun at ~10 pumps.

I will say, I tried 20 pumps and got ~700fps from a stock 1377 pistol! And ~600 on a 2289 (22 cal). I just would like to get that with 10-12 pumps and I know there is a way to do it with mods but some of the mods lower power until a LOT of pumps and I definitely don't want that.

Anyone who can tell me how is my hero...too much info out there about these and haven't found it in plain english yet...I "think" I need a flat top piston (and maybe a valve too???).

Why don’t you just go to your first post on this thread, click on Thread Tools, click on Edit Title and rename it The Official Airgun Thread——— Voila, you have an Airgun Forum/Thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom