The Retired Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined in 2009 also. Took the boat out to the middle of the lake and dropped the 6:20AM alarm clock into the water. I have not gotten up that early for anything since then. That alarm was a bad start for every work day for me. I have always been a night person, get tired 1 or 2AM, then like to wake up on my own. Been staying busy doing what I want to do and catching up on a lot of projects I should have been doing long ago. I am adapting well to this lifestyle. Kinda miss the weekly pay check, but working around that pretty well.

It is interesting how you can lose track of what day it is. Wife and I get confused every once in a while and miss a day. Makes it hard when you have something scheduled and you have to pull out your phone to find out what day of the week it is. Most time we do not know and really do not care. Everyday feels like Saturday. I highly recommend retirement, and take off that damned wrist watch, you do not need it anymore either, it is easy to tell if it is daytime or nighttime. Eat when you get hungry, sit down when you want to.

Bwhahahahaha! The first time I did that I thought surely it was Old Timer's Disease ... :D Now I just look at the calendar ... You know ... just to make sure ... (Oh, and I lost my wrist watch about the same time I didn't have to be anywhere for somebody else, doing something I really didn't like to do, also ... :woot:

pipefitter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With any luck im about 12 years away from a 30 year pension ... But will be to young to draw it out.... But i do believe ill get out of construction.... And get another 10 years in doing something a lil bit less hard on me.... Maybe!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bwhahahahaha! The first time I did that I thought surely it was Old Timer's Disease ... :D Now I just look at the calendar ... You know ... just to make sure ... (Oh, and I lost my wrist watch about the same time I didn't have to be anywhere for somebody else, doing something I really didn't like to do, also ... :woot:

That is why I have to use the calendar on my phone, it highlights the current day, the one on the wall just has a lot of numbers, not sure which one to pick out as today. Do not know, do not care most of the time. When the traffic pattern is different, it must be the weekend.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the guy on the Highway waitin on a show. I just PROVED my blackjack system.
Now I'm in the eastbound lane with a sign. I made the sign with a magic marker and a piece of cardboard I FOUND AROUND BACk in the dumpster where it belonged.Ignorant Bend, the sign says

Latest posts

Top Bottom