The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is most people think they can not survive an zombie uprising, but if you can survive 6 months to a year you should be OK unless dependent on meds. Me, I am 50/50. I really need my diabetic meds but if it gets down to the food I can hunt / fish or grow my med use will disappear.

Within 6 months to a year most zombies will be gone. Simply because they will rot away. With no blood flow being pumped by the heart the muscle and flesh will rot from the bones, and the bones can not move without them. Plus if it happens during winter many will freeze in place and then it is sledge hammer time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it ever gets to the level of Hollywood total chaos, which I believe never will, there is still that chance we will have environmental disaster and that is what we prep for.
We have done a few things like stockpiling dry foods and goods. Have a couple generators with stabilized fuel for power. Why more than one? Our water well is remote and needs separate power to operate the pump, and backups are needed.
I’m an outdoorsman so fishing, hunting and trapping for additional food is part of what I do when it’s not shtf. Primitive camped all of my life learning how to cook on wood fires and in the coals with little smoke. We made 11 days in an ice storm with no power just fine. 9 days in another. It was actually kind of fun for awhile as we were comfortable and actually took in a single woman and her two young teen sons that were worthless the first few days until they learned they stay warm as long as the fireplace was kept loaded which was their job while the adults were at work.
Back in the day, taught my sons how to distill water from plants and get food in a Colorado high country desert from skills learned in a survival class. The water sucked in taste and they got tired of eating trout after several days for every meal from a fish trap but to this day they still talk about that experience.
We will do just fine in the next weather disaster.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, maybe I already survived a zombie apocalypse?
201494_gg-belongings (1).jpg
OIP (19).jpeg

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as the dead rising to eat the living is a pretty farfetched idea, what a reference to the Zombie Apocolypse is, is a more lighthearted way to describe the unthinkble, a total collapse of society

However, if you've played the game or are watching the the HBO show "The Last of US", you know that there are more thoeretical ways that a "zombie" outbreak could start.

That being said, I am not preparing for the legions of risen dead or fungi infected humans, it' s just a fun thought experiment. What I would be concerned about would be another pandemic like Covid, where due to social distancing, crimes are not prosecuted, and authorities lose control of our cities, which then spreads to surrounding areas

Latest posts

Top Bottom