They think those big clips kill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm saying that put in a situation where escape wasn't possible. I have read where the shooter was between the victims and safety. That I would not wait to be shot. I would charge the shooter rather than be a passive victim. If the 2 who tackled him were blocked by the shooter than they waited for others to die before they had a safe opportunity to tackle the shooter. If they were not blocked, then they most likely were behind the shooter and had plenty of opportunities to stop the shooter before he was out of ammo.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on some of the CCLs I have seen out and about at the range, I am going to say very few are "properly trained".

I am by no means anti-gun. but there are a lot of idiots carrying them.

No one claimed that the current CCL licensing requirements ensure that someone is "properly trained".

I pose this question for those of you who didn't agree with my solution. How many bystanders would have been killed if EVERY person in attendance was an armed LEO?

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your question is purely rhetorical. How in the world can anyone answer that question accurately?

I'm all for arming the citizenry, but to think that will stop this sort of insane killing spree is just simplistic at best.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your question is purely rhetorical. How in the world can anyone answer that question accurately?

I'm all for arming the citizenry, but to think that will stop this sort of insane killing spree is just simplistic at best.

I never said it would stop a killing spree. Just end it sooner. The point of the question was to get people to realize that properly trained armed individuals would be able to bring a quick end to this situation with minimal risk of collateral damage.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one claimed that the current CCL licensing requirements ensure that someone is "properly trained".

I pose this question for those of you who didn't agree with my solution. How many bystanders would have been killed if EVERY person in attendance was an armed LEO?

Do you think that LEO don't ever miss their intended targets? You just as well toss a hand grenade in the crowd as adding multiple shooters.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think that LEO don't ever miss their intended targets? You just as well toss a hand grenade in the crowd as adding multiple shooters.

So your take is that multiple LEO's in an active shooter situation are completely irresponsible in discharging their weapons and are as dangerous and as indiscriminate as a hand grenade? Okay. Good to know where you stand.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So your take is that multiple LEO's in an active shooter situation are completely irresponsible in discharging their weapons and are as dangerous and as indiscriminate as a hand grenade? Okay. Good to know where you stand.

I stand on the side that doesn't want to be shot. Cops don't shoot magic bullets that only hit the bad guy. You may want to research "adrenaline" and it's effects.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They think those big clips kill?

There is a medical diagnosis for this phenomenon. It's called BRAIN DAMAGE.:hey3: Dr. William "Bill" Cosby diagnosed this in child behavior some time ago. :rtfm: I guess some never grow out of it. :mosh:

Woody

PS: We need a "take a bow" smile.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm saying that put in a situation where escape wasn't possible. I have read where the shooter was between the victims and safety. That I would not wait to be shot. I would charge the shooter rather than be a passive victim. If the 2 who tackled him were blocked by the shooter than they waited for others to die before they had a safe opportunity to tackle the shooter. If they were not blocked, then they most likely were behind the shooter and had plenty of opportunities to stop the shooter before he was out of ammo.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I disagree with them not being heros or taking heroic action.

Human nature is self preservation. To me, self preservation in this situation would be to remove one's self from the threat. I.E. RUN THE OTHER DIRECTION. Some may call that cowardess, I disagree. Its a natural response.

So, at least to me, anything other than running away, or curling up in the fetal position, would be going above expectation, thus heroic.

Not saying you are wrong, I just disagree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom