They think those big clips kill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their logic, although very flawed is pretty simple. He was stopped when he was changing "clips", therefore if there were smaller "clips" fewer would have been killed/shot before he had to reload. Typical approach.....

To extend that "logic" to its conclusion, nothing except a single shot firearm should be allowed. THat way you can stop a criminal after the first shot! Why 10 rounds? What's magic about that?
And these single shot firearms should ONLY be allowed because of that pesky second amendment.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

The antis will always do this. At every opportunity they will try to get support for banning everything and anything they can. One little right at a time until none remain. It isn't like after a year goes by and nothing happens that they are going to say, hey no one was killed by large capacity magazines, let's make those legal again. How we lucked out on the original AWB having an expiration date really surprises me.

What really irritated me the other day was what looked like progun guys on the news (Coburn, an OK progun group guy) looking like they were ready to "deal" on banning high capacity magazines because "who really needs them anyway." It won't just be the 33 round mag they ban, they will go right back to that 10 limit they had before. The result will be what it was before, mangled magazines redesigned for stupidity. IMHO this was the worst limitation of the AWB and it is gaining momentum.

You can't stop crazy. This guy was nuts, he had been for a long time, and every one knew it. I agree that a bunch of CCW guys firing at him without a clear shot would have been a disaster of its own. It is also my opinion that the people who organized this rally were negligent for not providing security. I think everyone agrees that crazy people shouldn't have firearms, but that too is a slippery slope. The antis will say everyone is crazy if they have ever taken an aspirin, talked to a counselor, etc.

The bottom line is that a crazy like this needs to be stopped, quickly, with whatever means are at hand. There need to be people in the right place with the right mindset and tools to stop them. That tool might be a gun, a bat, a knife, or their bare hands. A crowd situation like this isn't an ideal one for the use of a gun to stop the crazy. Just because this situation wasn't ideal for a CCW doesn't mean there is no merit in it. I think the lunatic Cho could have been stopped by a CCW because he seemingly went from place to place with zero resistance continuing on his spree. Probably there were clear shot opportunities there.

Thanks,

Alan

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The legislation that's been introduced (HR 308) would ban any mag that holds more than 10 rounds, not just 33 rounders.

Stop calling them high cap mags and instead call them standard capacity mags. When you call them "high capacity" you are playing the anti's word game.

"Why can't citizens have standard capacity magazines?"

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Stop calling them high cap mags and instead call them standard capacity mags. When you call them "high capacity" you are playing the anti's word game.

"Why can't citizens have standard capacity magazines?"

+1; I despise the term "high capacity" even more than clip used instead of magazine.

Thanks,

Alan

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The case to keep them is that banning them is an exercise in futility. I'm not keen on spending time, effort or my tax dollars on something that won't make a bit of difference. It would work just about as well as Prohibition did.

And for the record, I don't own any of those "clips" nor do I ever plan to own any. Unless they repeal the NFA and I can buy a Glock 18.....
They want to ban anything over 10 rounds.

If you don't have a magazine over ten rounds, you're in the minority of gun owners.

Latest posts

Top Bottom