Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I dont know how the heck they are gonna know if I'm giving my neighbor the cash to buy some land and he simply deeds it to me.

If you deal through a bank or any other financial institution including buying a car the feds get a copy of the sale if over 20K. It may be 10 K but it’s late and I’m too lazy to look it up tonight.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you deal through a bank or any other financial institution including buying a car the feds get a copy of the sale if over 20K.
I stroked a $32k check for my truck and no such form was filled out. Depositing over $10k is a different story.
Maybe thats what your thinking of but I'm not buying the other simply cause I've done it.
A deposit I had to make to my account last summer of $21k took 30 minutes of questions buy the teller and of course I had her also count and verify the bills in a machine.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stroked a $32k check for my truck and no such form was filled out. Depositing over $10k is a different story. (You did not pay for your truck with CASH you paid with a CHECK) (Cash and Checks are not the same thing)
Maybe thats what your thinking of but I'm not buying the other simply cause I've done it.
A deposit I had to make to my account last summer of $21k took 30 minutes of questions buy the teller and of course I had her also count and verify the bills in a machine.
(The bank filed form 8300 reporting it) (You do not sign it or file the form yourself)

How Much Money Can You Deposit Before it is Reported? (freshbooks.com)

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh?

So any of this huge amount of cash that is being made in the cannabis industry can't legally be deposited into banks?

Correct. Cannabis industry is illegal on a federal level. Banks are controlled on a federal level. Putting illegally gained money into the bank makes it liable for confiscation. You have to launder it or figure out something else, but unless it’s just small amounts, you’re gonna attract attention.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Correct. Cannabis industry is illegal on a federal level. Banks are controlled on a federal level. Putting illegally gained money into the bank makes it liable for confiscation. You have to launder it or figure out something else, but unless it’s just small amounts, you’re gonna attract attention.
So what are all these cannabis businesses doing with their cash profits, piling it up somewhere hoping that the feds eventually legalize their trade?

Latest posts

Top Bottom