Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
having a million bucks in cash to store would be a pain. Cant use it to make a house payment or much more than buying groceries and fuel and the like. I know, I dealt with this on a much smaller scale once. Had $10,000 a month in cash to store and spend. Had to buy money orders to pay bills with just to get rid of it faster while my bank account swelled from non use.
Oh the humanity! That's a problem I could easily deal with.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My overriding concern would be my life - there are not very nice people who kill in order to rip off marijuana. Let's say you come home and the wrong people are there. Secrecy might buy time, but eventually "loose lips sink ships."

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My overriding concern would be my life - there are not very nice people who kill in order to rip off marijuana. Let's say you come home and the wrong people are there. Secrecy might buy time, but eventually "loose lips sink ships."
Yep, if I had a million or 2 dollars in my safe and anyone knew I ggrew pot, they also know that money is somewhere close to me.
So far I've not heard of this ever happening other than on Murder Mountain in CA. Anyone else seen this movie/documentary?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just want to say that there ARE options for banking for cannabis businesses now. Unfortunately a regular bank account will cost you approx $1-2K a month in fees, due to the obscene amount of paperwork they do for every transaction.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replies in blue

I think it sounds like you have a solid plan. Honest question, whats stopping you?

Isn’t there a cannabis based crypto currency like weedcoin or potcoin? Seems like I had heard or read this someplace.
Lots o people paying cash for cars trucks boats properties etc

To purchase crypto you typically need to make a digital cash transfer using a debit or credit card. Which puts you back at square one. There's also tons of issues, such as volatility in cryptos, hacking, etc. The smaller the crypto (EG not bitcoin) the less liquid the investment, the more volatile. Which is saying a lot, in the past 2 months bitcoin has fluctuated between $11,000 and $19,700. Hardly a safe place to keep cash unless you're really risking it. Furthermore, people get screwed on cryptos all the time. recently, someone snitch to the .gov about some funds, and gave the gov the ability to sieze to over 2 billion dollars worth of bitcoins that were "associated" with silkroad. What is silk road? Think ebay on the dark web for drugs and other illicit substances.

The real fun one? Blunders made when trying to transfer cryptocurrencies. a few years ago a poor soul paid 80.992 bitcoins to transfer 0.0125 bitcoins. What does that equate to today in real money? That's like paying 1.5 million dollars to transfer $231.25 to the old lady to go buy shoes. From what I heard the guy never saw a cent returned for his mistake too.

Attachments

• human-error-bitcoin-loss.png
    human-error-bitcoin-loss.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 93

Latest posts

Top Bottom