Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, and the big companies have already figured that out too. Companies like Scotts Miracle Gro are already strongly positioned in the grower supply market.

This is truth in many cases,,,
My great uncle went to Alaska to mine gold.

He got rich up there but not by mining,,,
He got rich by selling equipment/supplies to the other prospectors.

I have a degree in commercial photography,,,
I made my living at it for a lot of years.

But I made more money hosting seminars on photography,,,
And selling sponsored gear and studio supplies,,,
Than I ever did with my camera.

Just sayin',,,

Aarond

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So.... 1700lbs of green stuff..... at the average price in OK of $190/oz for low grade dispensary medical stuff, that's $5,168,000. Per year? Harvest? Either way, that's a lot of money. I'm a little curious as to why they're up and leaving though.

I'm wondering where they get the idea that 2.0 acres with a few greenhouses and a gutted out old house is worth $150K. It needs to come with all that product in the pics and I still don't know if the numbers would even come close to working. Like he said, he can't sell the license.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering where they get the idea that 2.0 acres with a few greenhouses and a gutted out old house is worth $150K. It needs to come with all that product in the pics and I still don't know if the numbers would even come close to working. Like he said, he can't sell the license.

IMO, unless you have a huge operation, growing outdoors puts you at a disadvantage. Growing indoors gives you more control and generally a quicker turnaround. But the buildout and cost is higher.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, unless you have a huge operation, growing outdoors puts you at a disadvantage. Growing indoors gives you more control and generally a quicker turnaround. But the buildout and cost is higher.
Yep. You can get more crops per year too. At least here in Oklahoma. I've never grown weed, but I hear it doesn't like cold temps or real hot temps either.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. You can get more crops per year too. At least here in Oklahoma. I've never grown weed, but I hear it doesn't like cold temps or real hot temps either.
variable strains take from 65 to 95 days to harvest so it would be pretty easy to do 3 grows a year indoors. But as I mentions above, electricity is an issue so I would build a metal walled pole barn with 14' walls constructed of sheet metal up to 8" and then a clear material from there up and clear roof. May even consider a solar panel set up for power when I need to use grow lights on cloudy days through winter as well as heat.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddies have a grow. It's pretty huge. 50,000 Square feet across 3 buildings with 5 grow rooms, one processing lab, and a room with 20-ish chest freezers in it. Their electric bill runs at $4500/month. Lights are all LED, computers control the artificial time of day and humidity. Beyond the stench, it's pretty interesting.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's how they do it. They take clippings to start a new plant while the parent plant grows. They harvest every six weeks while the transplants get their start.

It's called cloning, always another crop ready to come in behind the one that is harvested.

At least that is what I have been told... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom