Thinking About Growing Commercial Marijuana...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im 34 years old, I don't work, and I have a good amount of cash sitting around doing nothing and I know that emerging markets are the best way to generate big money. I love weed and have always been interested in growing it and really think I would enjoy the whole process. I am just now starting my research as to if this is a good investment for my time and money or not. I know some of you on here are knowledgeable about these things ( @CHenry ) and would like to get some discussion going on the subject. Please please please try your best to keep this from turning into a debate as to whether weed should be legal or not, there are other threads for that. This is a thread to discuss the business side of medical marijuana only.

thanks.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to be able to grow it out back on the acre I usually plant sun flowers but heard all commercial operations have to be indoors. Maybe because of security?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The building has to be alarmed, self closing/locking door, eight foot fence surround. Just a few of the latest restrictions that they are trying to pass. I work with a guy that has a 12x32 foot greenhouse. After the house, lights,concrete, etc he’s out about 45k at this point.
Processors are buying just about everything the growers can bring them now.
Get in and get a couple harvests out before it goes recreational. Speculation is the price will drop once it does. Good luck!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new Form 4473 reminds you that even when legalized by a State, "the use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law" (question 11e).

Aren't you concerned that being a grower could potentially affect your ability to legally own firearms?

Attachments

• 4473-mj.jpg
    4473-mj.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 254

Jake Perry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get on OMMA.gov.ok it will give you all of the regulations on what needs to be done. The first thing is that you will have to buy a $2500 license just to grow it. right now there are over 700 growers in the state of Oklahoma. Not that all of them are growing but there are over 700 licensed growers with the ability to do so. If you want to be able to do the whole process you'll have to buy a processors license and a dispensary license as well. So just in licenses your looking at $7500 worth. I would agree with you that the market is going to be kicking off. Colorado is on their 9th year I believe and California is over that. Going to be a money making market if you could get set up.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new Form 4473 reminds you that even when legalized by a State, "the use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law" (question 11e).

Aren't you concerned that being a grower could potentially affect your ability to legally own firearms?
if i dont use it or addicted to it then I wouldn't be answered that question untruthfully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom