This Hurts, Especially with a 3 year Wait

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to BC Clarks today, In search of a Daytona (Not for me, for my Uncle.) He wants a 126500LN with a Black face. Waiting List is 11 Years. Also note, was on the waiting List at Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman. Found out they lost there AD status with Rolex (ugh) and I was on the list waiting for a Submariner there. Unclear if they will honor it if they get AD Status back. POed. Was on the list at BC Clark's on May, they lost their AD status at that store and the list was tossed. So, two Rolex waiting lists and the store went out of business of selling Rolex. Reason why? Not enough case space devoted to Rolex at both stores.
@TANSTAAFL Brockhaus is where I bought mamas new Rolex model 178273 back in Aug. 2017.

Stopped in to see John Brockhaus a couple months ago to shoot the breeze (he's really big into hunting and fishing and usually has a tall tale or two to tell) and noticed that the store was getting rather bare and he said that they where building a new store over by Target that is scheduled to be completed in May and reducing inventory.....I've driven by the new location and construction seems to be coming along pretty good.

Anyway, I'm not in the market but I wandered over to the Rolex and Tudor area and saw no Tudors and only a couple of used mens Rolex watches and I ask if he was still a Rolex AD and he said no but hoped to be again after they move into the new store.

Last edited:

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to BC Clarks today, In search of a Daytona (Not for me, for my Uncle.) He wants a 126500LN with a Black face. Waiting List is 11 Years. Also note, was on the waiting List at Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman. Found out they lost there AD status with Rolex (ugh) and I was on the list waiting for a Submariner there. Unclear if they will honor it if they get AD Status back. POed. Was on the list at BC Clark's on May, they lost their AD status at that store and the list was tossed. So, two Rolex waiting lists and the store went out of business of selling Rolex. Reason why? Not enough case space devoted to Rolex at both stores.
Interesting they told you 11 years…I got a call some 14-18 months ago from a guy that got the call on a black face Daytona (not sure the reference number) asking if I wanted it or would loan him some money for it (he’s a car salesman, literally not figuratively). He’d been on the list for less than 3 years. I should’ve bought it just to sell. If I remember right, they’re like $16k from an AD but bring $25-30k on the secondary market?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting they told you 11 years…I got a call some 14-18 months ago from a guy that got the call on a black face Daytona (not sure the reference number) asking if I wanted it or would loan him some money for it (he’s a car salesman, literally not figuratively). He’d been on the list for less than 3 years. I should’ve bought it just to sell. If I remember right, they’re like $16k from an AD but bring $25-30k on the secondary market?
15,200 from the AD, 2ndary lot of listing for close to 30, but heard most are actually selling for about 20 - 22, the market is softening a bit.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

4 years ago the wait was only a few years....now it is 2-3X longer.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the weekend got in touch with Diamonds Direct on Penn in OKC. My full intention was to merely look at a Blancpain 50 fathoms. Low and behold, not one in the store, but they do have lightly used Rolexes and Breitlings. What really caught my eye was a Batman Rolex (Blue and Black Bezel GMT Master II.) They actually had a good grey market price on it and can get many other wristwatches. They offer box and paperwork as well as a 2 year warranty, best of all, the watch looks as good as new. The salesperson, Cyndi was very good and almost closed me, however wife's objections and funding 2023 IRA's precluded my from buying. If you are interested tell me, be happy to share her info.

Other watches you may want to check out, they had a couple of Datejust 41's, a sub, a Daytona, and a James Cameron as well. They also had Breitling and a couple other watches, and can get Blancpain since they are an AD for Blancpain. Know you prices before you go in. Some are deals, some are not.

Perhaps later on this year if they have another.

View attachment 453512View attachment 453513View attachment 453514
Bu...bu....but, they don't go BANG?!?!?!?!

Latest posts

Top Bottom