This Hurts, Especially with a 3 year Wait

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bu...bu....but, they don't go BANG?!?!?!?!
No, but like a smooth racking firearm, with a breaking glass rod trigger and controllable recoil I like the precise engineering and quality of the watch, designed to measure time precisely. Also the Rolex can take the recoil as well. Maybe my priorities are messed up, maybe I should spend more money on quality firearms, but at least if I have an accident and lose a Rolex in a boating accident it will not rust like a firearm...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I just turned 67 about a week ago. A stopwatch will not even work to time my bathroom visits.

**Off topic** I thought you were older than that, @RickN . You said you were in Hawaii in the CG in 1972 and you served during the war...which ended for the US in early 1973. If that's the case you must've went in when you were 15 or 16??? LOL

Or did you forget how old you are, too?

Anyway... There's no way I could ever imagine paying that much for a watch, even though they're stunningly beautiful. I keep thinking of all the ammo or guns I could buy. Or groceries. But I get why some people fall for them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
**Off topic** I thought you were older than that, @RickN . You said you were in Hawaii in the CG in 1972 and you served during the war...which ended for the US in early 1973. If that's the case you must've went in when you were 15 or 16??? LOL

Or did you forget how old you are, too?

Anyway... There's no way I could ever imagine paying that much for a watch, even though they're stunningly beautiful. I keep thinking of all the ammo or guns I could buy. Or groceries. But I get why some people fall for them.
I have never said I served during the war. I did get to spend a little time on Wake with some of the refugees. I did say I had friends that served in Nam, I joined in 74 when I was 17. Had to get my father to sign for me. And I do forget what year I joined at times and have to look at my DD214. Getting old sucks. I can not even remember what year I got married and have to look it up. I remember the day, just not the year. Hell I have forgotten my first wife's maiden name. Before long I will be wrapping my own Christmas presents.

As for the watches, I Timex or Casio is all the watch I need.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but like a smooth racking firearm, with a breaking glass rod trigger and controllable recoil I like the precise engineering and quality of the watch, designed to measure time precisely. Also the Rolex can take the recoil as well. Maybe my priorities are messed up, maybe I should spend more money on quality firearms, but at least if I have an accident and lose a Rolex in a boating accident it will not rust like a firearm...
I know someone who lost a Rolex while on a boat. Too many beers, lost his balance and went backwards over the side. On the way over he hit his wrist and it must've popped the bracelet. I saw it happen and we dived that spot for hours looking for it, but no dice. Somewhere off the west side of Fiddle Cay in The Bahamas is a Rolex if anyone is interested.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone who lost a Rolex while on a boat. Too many beers, lost his balance and went backwards over the side. On the way over he hit his wrist and it must've popped the bracelet. I saw it happen and we dived that spot for hours looking for it, but no dice. Somewhere off the west side of Fiddle Cay in The Bahamas is a Rolex if anyone is interested.
Not laughing at his misfortune, just the thought of flying out there and diving....

Latest posts

Top Bottom