This is what I think of everyone hiring through temp agencies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ai170.photobucket.com_albums_u276_dowmace_IMAG0024.jpg

Done with this.

ai170.photobucket.com_albums_u276_dowmace_IMG_20110531_034650.jpg

Long story short, I'm sick of looking for a job and hearing well there is a place thats doing temp to hire, so in 90 days you may possibly could have a chance at maybe in the next 10 years getting benefits. :mad:

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been trying to go permanent with a company for over 2 years now, I've worked at 3 different places for 3 different agencies, every single one of them lied to me so I would come fill out an app, then they lied to me about the pay, and then they lied about hours and benefits. Why exactly is it that nobody hires through their HR department anymore? Just tell everyone 30 day probation period after that your permanent or we let you go...

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Todays job market sucks no doubt about it. When I graduated I could have walked into just about any company and been offered a job with a decent wage. Now its a different ballgame. The hiring process for a private corporation resembles that of the application process to OCPD. Extremely competitive. Who has the best skills, best personality, best image for our company. How much do they want to get paid. How much can we pay the other applicant.

Its all about marketing yourself to have the best possible chance of getting the job. Not to mention getting your name out there to as many places as you can. I currently have a steady job. However I'm looking for something different. In the past year I have submitted my resume to well over 100 open positions. I'd say companies but several companies have had multiple openings I have applied to. Getting past the gate keepers is the hard part. Getting past the receptionist or that online application process is a real bear. Todays jobs are more often secured through contacts in your personal network. not by submitting an application for hire to company x.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dowmace, I feel your pain man. I too am sick of being lied to by just about every employer I've talked to. Today is a perfect example. I started at 4:30AM, helped load a van full of cargo, drove two hours to our delivery area and did our thing for 8 hours. Drove the two hours back to OKC. Figure a 14 hour day. I was told it would be an 8-10 hour day. The job pays salary. After doing the math I'm making $7.56 an hour. FTS!

I'm tired of all the total BS people hiring are spreading around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom