time frame for license

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westsidebob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it actually say in the Oklahoma self defense act that a license shall be issued in a certain amount of time? I have been waiting for 154 days! And I'm a little agrivated. I have emailed them a couple of times and they say I'm being "researched". Any recommendations on what I can do? Is it wrong for me to be a little chaffed about this?

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine took about 4 months, because i had to be printed three times. Last time i had to drive to OKC to OSBI and get them. It was aggravating, but worth it in the end.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thankfully only new photo's are required for renewal applications. Just once is it necessary to provide acceptable fingerprints; won't have to do it again for ordinary renewal process.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The law needs to be changed. Something to the effect of the State is required to either deny for cause or issue a permit within thirty days of receiving the application. No exemptions or grace periods for the State.

Michael

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pick up the phone and call them.

Even then, they may not have good information.

When I got mine, I called them at the statutory 90-day mark. After taking my information, they said they had a massive backlog, were way behind and shorthanded, and it'd be at least another month.

Got a letter the next day saying it had been sent to the Sheriff's Office. License had an issue date of nearly two weeks before that day.

Welcome to working with government.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it actually say in the Oklahoma self defense act that a license shall be issued in a certain amount of time? I have been waiting for 154 days! And I'm a little agrivated. I have emailed them a couple of times and they say I'm being "researched". Any recommendations on what I can do? Is it wrong for me to be a little chaffed about this?
The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing at the OSBI. You should go to the sheriff dept and ask. Probably been sitting there a long time. Thats what I did. Finally got the letter 3 weeks later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom