time frame for license

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The State has no reason to meet their obligation for having this done in the time frame allowed in the law. The law needs to be changed forcing them to do it in a timely manner.

Michael

KZinOKC

Marksman
Reaction score
I think every county will have different time frames. I submitted mine in Oklahoma County on Aug. 13, got the letter from OSBI on last Friday Oct. 5th, and called the Sheriff right away. They said they didn't have the mail processed through security yet. I called today and it is ready for pickup. 8 weeks. When I called OSBI at 30 days they said they had the time down to 45 to 60 days.

I hope you get yours soon, keep calling OSBI or your Sheriff.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My step dad called the other day, he has been waiting around 200 days, was told they are doing some other checks on him. I guess old retired math professors are some rough peeps and need further investigation.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have guys that didn't get theirs for 5.5 months. Pretty pathetic but what can you do?
What we should do is let our Representatives know how we feel. That we demand a change in the law forcing the Government to meet its obligation in a timely manner.
We did not get the concealed carry and open carry laws passed by sitting on our duffs complaining that there is nothing we can do because the big bad government is working against us. We need to do the same things we did to get those laws passed. Send letters, e-mails and make calls to your reps. Let them know that what is happening is unacceptable.
Either deny the application for just cause within the time limit allowed. Should be lowered to thirty days in my opinion. Or, be required to issue the permit immediately within the lime limit if no legal reasons to deny it are found.
The law set a time limit for the permits to be issued. The agencies responsible are abusing their powers by ignoring the intent of the law. If the Legislature had intended that there be no time period for they would not have put it in the law to begin with.

Michael

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Submitted paperwork 7/11; had mine in hand 8/31 but the date on the license is 8/26. This was during the time frame they were trying to get people ramped up at OSBI because we had heard it was going to take about 90 days. Closer to 45 for me. Tulsa County.

Just Don't

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife sent in her renewal in mid August. No word yet. I'm a little concerned because she expires Nov. 1. I know they got it because they charged our card three days after we put it in the mail.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in Noble county. I received mine in 45 days and the next batch that went in was 40 days. I read somewhere that they hired another full crew to process the over flow. It said on their web site that they processed 37,900 applications in the last fiscal year! That's 146 per day apps in less than 260 working days a year. Sounds like a good bit of work!

Phil

Latest posts

Top Bottom