Tinnitus poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus?

• Yes I have it 24/7.

Votes: 149 67.7%
  • My ears ring occasionally.

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Nope. Silence is golden.

Votes: 28 12.7%

• Total voters

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have old ears that suffer from being a cannon-cocker in USMC 45 years ago, plus much abuse since then. Being in a crowded vehicle with several people talking at once drives me up the wall! Need hearing aids but resisting.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heavy equipment, marine mechanic (big outboards are LOUD when you fire them up in the shop on a water hose), lots of gunfire, loud cars,and time on the flight line....huh?

As previously stated, crowded places with multiple people talking are killer. I never know what anyone is talking about. Funny thing is, I can hear mechanical noises quite clearly so it drives me nuts to try to hear the TV when the washing machine is running in the backgroud.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is GC ... He was on the flight line. Plus he's been shooting since he could stand.

It bothers me a WHOLE lot more than it bothers him. I have to repeat everything I say 3 times ... First time I say it, no response; second time I get "huh" and then the third time he says "Gosh baby, you don't gotta yell at me!" :saywhat:

Well, apparently, I DO have to yell at him ... :smack:

I keep telling him he needs to go get his hearing checked ... He keeps telling me to mind my own business ... :rolleyes:

I've only had medication-induced tinnitis ... I swear if I thought I was gonna have to deal with that racket 24/7 I'd go nuts ... I feel for you guys!

This sounds familiar. My wife swears its just selective hearing but it truly is a disability.........hey I wonder if I can get a govt check for it?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that I have nearly perfect upper and low range hearing. I can hear a watch ticking in a drawer but I have to focus to hear my wife talking to me. It's funny that way, typical men's hearing loss is in the range of a typical woman's voice. Not sure if that is a blessing or a curse!

Latest posts

Top Bottom