Tools and Traveling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you all carry Tools when you Travel? Or do you just wing it with a Credit Card?

I do out of habit when we were young, poor and it was a most definite necessity in the old **** we had to travel in when we were young’ins!

I still load up enough tools to do starters, water pumps, thermostats, alternators, driveline. Even though the Vehicle is in perfect shape and low mileage. And always have tire repair kits and air compressor in the rigs we offroad in, Jeep, UTVs and Tundra.

Now being older an elect impact, sockets, aluminum floor jack and a big thick soft piece of foam for knees to do tire work. Couple years ago I had to do a carrier bearing and a u-joint in a Orielys parking lot. I could have afforded to take it to the Toyota Dealer, but old school ways and history said naaaa just get it done!

So curious if ya’ll carry tools or credit cards?

I got curious as I just loaded out my Tundra for a 3 week tour through Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep a full toolbox like this in all of my cars.
Wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, hammer, pry bar, fuses, bulbs, wire, hose clamps, electrical/duct tape, etc. Enough to tackle most minor to medium repairs. I also keep a spare belt and set of hoses behind the seat. Extra fluids in the bed or under the hood. It has saved me more than once.

1723151416236.png

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep a full toolbox like this in all of my cars.
Wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, hammer, pry bar, fuses, bulbs, wire, hose clamps, electrical/duct tape, etc. Enough to tackle most minor to medium repairs. I also keep a spare belt and set of hoses behind the seat. Extra fluids in the bed or under the hood. It has saved me more than once.

View attachment 500719

Oh yea, I forgot about belts, hoses and fluids. Always a spare everything in the hoses, belts etc. I usually keep the older ones as backups.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My most used tools reside in tool bag in the garage but when hitting the road it goes with me besides the large tool chest in the bed of my truck that you wouldn’t believe what is in there. But just this week I added something I’ve never owned—universal key—24” bolt cutters. I also carry spare locks in case someone pisses me off and I can lock something up for them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just carry tour tools in your kitchen when you travel.

LOL! Full camping set up in my Tundra as well! Have not used it in years, but it’s there. Propane Stove, cooking/eating utensils, tent, sleeping bags, air mattress, lantern fuel etc etc. We did use it all years ago, we did a lot of off road boon docking camping when younger as well as used it when hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom