Toxins in our fish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was an episode of "Dirty Jobs" that showed fish farming in the desert. Big tanks of fish stayed there until big enough to harvest. The water was filthy at that point. They brought in a load of Tilapia, that cleaned it right up.

No one lives forever - if it's a fish, I eat it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been gone for many years and met a young man that I mentored that is still there today. He said I would not like it there and likely not make it as they have gone full safety to the point one can't do their job anymore. What took an hour to do in the past takes two days now.
It's not just there. Every machine shop I ever worked at mandates hard hats now. It's completely ridiculous. Out of all the hazards in a machine shop, a hard hat will give you ZERO protection from any of them. If a jib crane or gantry crane comes down, that hard hat isn't doing anything for you. The only redeeming thing about them is that most of them have integrated earpro, but I had my own in my tool box and every shop has foam earplug dispensers all over the place. :scratch:

I'm pretty sure the safety equipment corps are funneling money into OSHA. :drink:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was an episode of "Dirty Jobs" that showed fish farming in the desert. Big tanks of fish stayed there until big enough to harvest. The water was filthy at that point. They brought in a load of Tilapia, that cleaned it right up.

I seen that one and that was the moment I went to the freezer and tossed out a new box of tilapia

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tilapia is used in wast water treatment plants then sold to you for consumption.

My son drives an 18 wheeler and picked up a load of those fish.
I do not remember where but here in the states.

The place he picked them up was a waste water plant and one of the guys there said do not eat Tilapia from the USA.
He said they eat the human waste and many die and float up and are scooped up and sold for consumption.

NO THANKS!

Then human waste thing is disturbing but if you think deeper like all the medicine/drugs that they are swimming and eating in must be in the meat
Sorry, that was taco Tuesday.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great information……I avoid ALL FARMED RAISED fish. They are fed refuse from rendering plants & chemicals to grow fast. Salmon, eat only WILD caught. Read labels, any fish / any food from China Avoid 110%. Lotsa fish coming in from China.
Correct about salmon. Most of the Atlantic Salmon is farm raised in big cages in the ocean.
Food goes out, the top fish get the food, the fish in the bottom of the cage get the poop from the top fish to eat.
No farmed salmon in our house.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Haha right! i hear ya. Reminds me of an old school electrician I met on a jobsite who was crawling around in an attic that had asbestos/vermiculite insulation. He wasn’t wearing his cartridge mask… I said hey man ya might wanna put the mask on it’s asbestos up here. His response: “aghhh, it’ll either kill me or it won’t” lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom