Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I have a problem, I am now up to 21 game cameras. After an order to Mack's PW on Sunday, I added some more. Three are on the roads for trespassers so those don't really count.

I know you guys think I am crazy but I love to watch the animals. Now I need to keep the wife from finding out about the new order.....haha
i'm with you. We have 16 cameras ( besides 1 cell camera ) on 80 acres ( 3 or 4 are on gate and cabin, the rest are on 3 miles of trail that meanders thru the 80 acres. Wife and I ride on the ATV to gather SD cards about very 10-14 days. then we take them home ( I have 32 SD cards ) and enjoy checking them out together on the computer.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm with you. We have 16 cameras ( besides 1 cell camera ) on 80 acres ( 3 or 4 are on gate and cabin, the rest are on 3 miles of trail that meanders thru the 80 acres. Wife and I ride on the ATV to gather SD cards about very 10-14 days. then we take them home ( I have 32 SD cards ) and enjoy checking them out together on the computer.
That is about my schedule, 10-14 days on average with more during season. I then put the photos on Flickr so that I can look at them easily whenever I want.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is about my schedule, 10-14 days on average with more during season. I then put the photos on Flickr so that I can look at them easily whenever I want.

I have various folders on my hard drive ( ie, deer, turkey, intruders, cats, etc) where I transfer and save notable videos. All my cameras are set to take 10 sec videos when tripped. I can then screenshot a picture if I need it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having watched these fawns on camera for a few days, I’m now confident they’re the twins of this doe. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a doe on my place with twins. I’m beyond excited. :woohoo1:
IMG_2751.jpeg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having watched these fawns on camera for a few days, I’m now confident they’re the twins of this doe. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a doe on my place with twins. I’m beyond excited. :woohoo1:
View attachment 495183
Congrats on the twins! I’m a bit surprised twins are that uncommon for you though. Historically, twins are quite a bit more common than singles on my place. We get some triplets, but not many.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the twins! I’m a bit surprised twins are that uncommon for you though. Historically, twins are quite a bit more common than singles on my place. We get some triplets, but not many.
There’s a feed lot next to my place that dumps 150+/- yearling a year on their place, and they let other farmers in the area bring their dead and dump them too. Needless to say, there’s a coyote problem that’s basically going unchecked except for a couple guys I let hunt my place.
There have been a few years I didn’t see ANY fawns.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’ve read that twins and triplets is a sign of a healthy herd and area they are living.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve read that twins and triplets is a sign of a healthy herd and area they are living.
Ive read that as well, which is why im surprised retrieverman doesn’t have more twins. But it sounds like the coyotes attracted by the feedlot might be artificially deflating his fawn recruitment numbers.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive read that as well, which is why im surprised retrieverman doesn’t have more twins. But it sounds like the coyotes attracted by the feedlot might be artificially deflating his fawn recruitment numbers.

I agree. I’ve had twins almost every year on camera. This is the first time I’ve seen triplets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom