Trap line in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a dusting of snow. Checked the traps today, and had nothing. Saw a few coyote tracks in the two track roads, and along the field edges and that was it. No deer tracks at all.
We got a new area to trap, and moved all of the DP's to this area. Three days now with coon sign everywhere and only a possum and skunk. Crawfish holes all over the banks, and the creek is loaded with mussels.
Awesome looking area.

image-1265950797.jpg

BuckRoar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've caught 6 coons so far over the last 4-5 days. :wink2:

I keep getting cats on my trail cameras. I need to learn to set up traps for cats!
Are you catching coyotes in these traps also?

Thanks

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
22 Dp's and half a dozen 1 1/2 longsprings will be out by dark today. The daughter had a good mess of coons before the bad weather, coons quit moving and we pulled everything last Thursday.........on to new ground today. Cages and 3/4's will go out tomorrow..........she's harassing me to no end about waiting till January to catch cats....I give, she wins, lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've caught 6 coons so far over the last 4-5 days. :wink2:

I keep getting cats on my trail cameras. I need to learn to set up traps for cats!
Are you catching coyotes in these traps also?

Thanks

Trapping coyotes is a whole different ball game. Cats are primarily sight feeders. They can smell, just not as good as a coyote.
We don't really use any scent control when running cat sets.
A guy I work with traps coyotes. He says you must be totally scent free when setting the trap, and when running them he looks at them from a distance with binoculars, never getting close unless its been disturbed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
22 Dp's and half a dozen 1 1/2 longsprings will be out by dark today. The daughter had a good mess of coons before the bad weather, coons quit moving and we pulled everything last Thursday.........on to new ground today. Cages and 3/4's will go out tomorrow..........she's harassing me to no end about waiting till January to catch cats....I give, she wins, lol.

That's the truth about the coons not moving. Not one in the last 4 days

Good luck on your new sets!

Latest posts

Top Bottom