Trap line in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20121125_181801.jpg Happened to me too.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No pics for me. But I did catch 2 last night, but 1 got away. I had a trap with a paw & a piece of bone in it. Looks as if the coon either got caught early enough & chewed its caught leg off, or a coyote or something got to the trapped coon and tore it away from my trap. Either way, it was kind of a grueling experience.

The other coon I got had a patch of hair missing right on the top of her back. So that pelt is worthless too.

I'm not doing to good so far this year.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn Justin, you trapping near a restaurant? Those are some hogs.

I have a few traps out but i hope to really get after it after the first.

Good job to everyone.

BuckRoar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I now have had two traps show up missing at the same exact location.
My set up: I have the DP trap with marshmellows, I then use a threaded quick link to connect to a cable that is secured to the tree.
When I show up, there is no trap, no quick link , but cable is there and in tact.
the first time...maybe I screwed up with the quick link, but the second time I double checked and had my son double check. It was all done right, and thread on quick link was finger tight.

Are the coons getting the quick link open, or am I getting poached?? This set is in the middle of the woods of a full section we lease. There is another trap on the other nearby, but it is still there.

RoboCoons??

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I now have had two traps show up missing at the same exact location.
My set up: I have the DP trap with marshmellows, I then use a threaded quick link to connect to a cable that is secured to the tree.
When I show up, there is no trap, no quick link , but cable is there and in tact.
the first time...maybe I screwed up with the quick link, but the second time I double checked and had my son double check. It was all done right, and thread on quick link was finger tight.

Are the coons getting the quick link open, or am I getting poached?? This set is in the middle of the woods of a full section we lease. There is another trap on the other nearby, but it is still there.

RoboCoons??

Well finger tight isn't near tight enough. Sorry to tell you, you have let 2 coons get away with a trap on there foot. Coons are very smart. They have front paws with nearly identical function as our hands. They loosened the nut back and slipped away. At minimum crank those down with a wrench. Coons have been known to open minnow buckets and ice chests as well as other latching mechanisms.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Buck Roar, is there a catch circle where the coon has been trying to get out? If so, he done what bassin said, if not, somebody else probably has your traps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom