Trashy hood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie,
Yes...dining at El Rio Verde is an absolute must!

To quote a friend: "El Rio Verde is the Gold standard of Mexican food in Tulsa"

There are some other great li'l holes-in-the-wall but you gotta' search 'em out.....and you might not like those parts of town.

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okie,

To quote a friend: "El Rio Verde is the Dold standard of Mexican food in Tulsa"

There are some other great li'l holes-in-the-wall but you gotta' search 'em out.....and you might not like those parts of town.

Dold?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okie,

To quote a friend: "El Rio Verde is the Gold standard of Mexican food in Tulsa"

Ok, I'm just asking.
What can this place do with refried beans, burger, shredded beef, commercial cheese and taco's that nobody else can?

There is a place in Ponca that does offer some mexican shrimp dishes in their menu, and it adds some variety to the menu, but its nowhere like the mexican food that I eat in Mexico.
We seek out beach restaurants, hole in the wall, sitting on a log stump in a tin building places, and it is no where like the tex mex people around here call Mexican food. Its actually pretty tasty.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how to post quotes from previous blogs so forgive me my ignorance,

I don't live in that neighborhood but I resent referring to it as trashy, I consider that as very derogatory. I am getting on up there in years and one thing I have learned is that you can't judge people by the house/car etc that they have, some of the finest people I have had the honor to associate with did not live in fancy, new houses or drive late model cars. that don't make the person. Most would give you the shirt off their back and never ask why you needed it.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do often wonder Okie, why are you the Mayor of Glock Talk, and on here we are lucky if you would qaulify as the mailman?

We like seeing and hearing from ya, come around more often......

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers.....Dold with a "G".

Oops!
;)

No, I think you hit on something. The Dold Standard should be a reference for rating Mexican restaurants, the measurement units being Jaypees. El Rio Verde rates 10 Jaypees on the Dold Standard scale. Taco Bell rates 1 Jaypee on the Dold Standard scale.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'm just asking.
What can this place do with refried beans, burger, shredded beef, commercial cheese and taco's that nobody else can?

There is a place in Ponca that does offer some mexican shrimp dishes in their menu, and it adds some variety to the menu, but its nowhere like the mexican food that I eat in Mexico.
We seek out beach restaurants, hole in the wall, sitting on a log stump in a tin building places, and it is no where like the tex mex people around here call Mexican food. Its actually pretty tasty.
What can they do?
They can make it like said "beach restaurants, hole in the wall, sitting on a log stump in a tin building places" than the local TexMex crapola. :)

Actually I do like TexMex food but I'll take authentico every time.

No, I think you hit on something. The Dold Standard should be a reference for rating Mexican restaurants, the measurement units being Jaypees. El Rio Verde rates 10 Jaypees on the Dold Standard scale. Taco Bell rates 1 Jaypee on the Dold Standard scale.

Meh....Bueno would garner a "1" rating and Taco Bell wouldn't even be on the scale.
The only thing worth getting at Taco Bell, IMO, is the Mt.Dew Baja Blast.....Good stuff!

Latest posts

Top Bottom