Turkey 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my efforts to create a more turkey friendly environment by clearing out around this area is paying off, but I’ve had turkeys hanging around on and off all day for a couple weeks. I guess they’ve figured out they’re safe too.
A4648567-671D-4358-8990-D4EA27391DB3.jpeg

96119FA6-D15E-469A-8A44-632ECA45B703.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember once seeing a 90+ year old lady at blind draw and I bet my 401k that she does not hunt, instead she is there to scam the system.
To answer this point:
The one and only time I was at the Wichita Mtn elk hunt was to help a buddy if he got one.
One of the hunters was a 92 year old man. He was so excited that he was going out that he suffered a panic attack that was thought to be a heart attack so he was evacuated by a helicopter to the Lawton hospital.
After evaluation, the hospital released him to his wife and they came back to the hunt area at 9:30 am. The ODW took him back out and he killed the cow he drew for. Several volunteered to help them at the meat pole to skin and prepare the elk. They refused and in about 45 minutes that couple in their 90's had that elk in the ice chests and were gone. Not their first rodeo.
Yes, I'm sure there are violators of the youth season, but the vast majority will follow the game regulations and hunt accordingly.
There is a plethora of biologists that follow and study the game populations and game harvests. When they see something going south, they alert those that can control the seasons to see what can be done to stop the decline and initiate further studies to see what can be done to reverse this.
IMHO we have a great crew at the ODW looking out for our interests as hunters and people that fish.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and his wife went down to the ranch this AM and Mary got her bird in the first 30 minutes....nice beard (10") on this one and just over 20#'s....check out the pic of the bird and my happy sister-in-law.....

Attachments

• IMG_1202 (1).jpg
    IMG_1202 (1).jpg
    167 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and his wife went down to the ranch yesterday.....he got his bird this AM but it's only 19 lbs with an 8" beard..... yesterday his wife got a 20+ lbs. bird with a 10" beard.....they have a contest each year to see who can win the quest for the biggest turkey, black bass, striper, ocean fish and deer. This year Mary is leading 3 to 0.....Looks like another year with egg on my brothers face.....ha...ha...ha Here are pics of both birds
I think my brother is hiding behind his birds tail feathers as he is shocked that Mary is besting him.....!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1206 (1).jpg
    IMG_1206 (1).jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1202 (1).jpg
    IMG_1202 (1).jpg
    167 KB · Views: 28

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and his wife went down to the ranch yesterday.....he got his bird this AM but it's only 19 lbs with an 8" beard..... yesterday his wife got a 20+ lbs. bird with a 10" beard.....they have a contest each year to see who can win the quest for the biggest turkey, black bass, striper, ocean fish and deer. This year Mary is leading 3 to 0.....Looks like another year with egg on my brothers face.....ha...ha...ha Here are pics of both birds
I think my brother is hiding behind his birds tail feathers as he is shocked that Mary is besting him.....!!!
Holy Cow!!! They’ve had a great season!!! Pass on the congrats to them both! :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom