Turkey Season 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back fro Black Kettle. Saw alot less birds this trip, but we did find 3 birds that were looking for love. I took the first one to come around the corner. 1" spurs and 9.25 beard. by far my best bird.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice davs2601 and great pics! We worked two different groups of birds this afternoon............hen city. Between home and the hunting locations, including the birds we worked, I saw 7 flocks of birds, hens and fans, hens and fans, hens and fans.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking tom davs2601!

Love the photo of the old homestead. Wonder if anybody has worked around it with a metal detector?

Never though about that. Would be interesting. That building is strange. Probably 8'x5' with a vent for a fire or stove. There are remnants ofa corral and fencing. Not sure what it was used for. Any ideas?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably a homestead, or possibly a line shack? Pony express? Sure would be cool to know what its history is. There is a place that I hunt on that had several kitchen utensils scattered around one area. I asked the Landowner about it. He said it was leftovers from a dugout, probably from the original land run. He's 88 years old, and bought the farm when he was in his 20's from the family that had originally staked it. He has some good stories about it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Neat dug out, I'm thinking a rattler has eaten a mouse or two in there probably. Is the front of it rock or concrete?

Latest posts

Top Bottom