U.S. ambassador to Libya, and 3 others killed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, by God, because that's part of what makes us different from them.

Then we we'll continue to be perceived as a weak infidel and deserve whatever they plan on doing to us. The innocents will survive, don't worry. I'm trying to think of a sovereign nation that's been wiped out in modern times. I'm sure I'll think of one soon. Their mindset really isnt that much different than bushido. You have to be meaner than they are to get them to respect or at least fear you.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Then we we'll continue to be perceived as a weak infidel and deserve whatever they plan on doing to us. The innocents will survive, don't worry. I'm trying to think of a sovereign nation that's been wiped out in modern times. I'm sure I'll think of one soon. Their mindset really isnt that much different than bushido. You have to be meaner than they are to get them to respect or at least fear you.
Got to Keyser Söze em

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I said in the thread you are referring to is that doing to to Pakistan as many posters suggested would be tantamount to abandoning our troops there. Anyone who understands the problems associated with supplying large numbers of troops with the materiele they need to fight a war cannot argue with that.

As I've said not once but many times - sometimes being practical overrides other considerations.

Of course if you believe otherwise feel free to argue your case that abandoning our troops in Afghanistan to support one doctor there that helped do away with Bin Laden is the right thing to do.

Good luck with that.

The killing of Bin Laden ended our reason for being in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Al Qaeda has been rendered impotent at this point, or at least as impotent as they'll ever be.

No one said to abandon out troops in Afghanistan except you. Whether we have to pull our troops out immediately, broker a deal with Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Takikistan, or simply pave our way out as necessary, this needs to be done. The reason we haven't is cowardice. That doctor is a living testament that cooperating with the U.S. is a fool's errand. Even those inclined to aid us will now be reluctant to do so. On the other hand, pretending to aid us while stabbing us in the back is a proven and lucrative plan. :(

DrivesGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Islamists do not care a wit about the movie, cartoon or book except as an excuse to kill people who do not agree with them. Far too many people do not understand the enemy, or are sympathetic to them. Islamists want to convert, enslave or kill the infidel. It is their way of life, and it is in diametric opposition to how modern western peoples think.

This is known as the clash of civilizations. The Wahabbist mindset is a strict interpretation of the Koran and the Hadith. You cannot reason with these people. Their ideology is diametrically opposed to anything Western or Biblical for that matter. What makes matters worse is we think we should do business with these people. You cannot reason with a person who's mindset to bent on murder and mayhem. Vlad Dracul had it right. Fight terror with terror. When the Ottoman empire started to enter Romania, Vlad captured their soldiers, impaled them alive just outside the boundaries of his country. It was known as Vlad's forest. I hate to think that we would have to result to these types of measures, but this may be our only recourse.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo said:
No one said to abandon out troops in Afghanistan except you.

Au contrair...

You are the one that said abandon them with your unqualified original post. If the US did what you suggested without 1st pulling out our troops from Afghanistan they would be abandoned for reasons previously stated.

That said:

I don't disagree with your suggested action G2G - I do disagree with the hasty implementation suggested without thought to the destiny of any troops in Afghanistan when Pakistan shut down all supply lines leading to them - which they would absolutely be able to do short of us conquering them. You wanna do that? Conquer them? I thought you didn't want anymore foreign wars or involvement of the US in foreign affairs.

Well neither do I really. But getting disentangled from it all takes time. Even if we did achieve the isolationism so many here seem to desire there will still occur situations where it will be preferable to fight on foreign soil and have the resulting destruction rained upon the enemy's, towns and cities rather than have it rained on ours - which is exactly what would happen if, as so many of those who consider the actual invasion of our soil to be the only valid reason for going to war, got their way.

I'll play nice though. I'll limit my description of those folks to being short sighted.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres some of those innocent women and children

i159.photobucket.com_albums_t128_syauqiyah_jihad.png

i680.photobucket.com_albums_vv161_larsamundo_arab_kid_gun.jpg

i1109.photobucket.com_albums_h435_shermanmk_Punjabikid.jpg

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you are generalizing way too much.
You dont get the entire population out of a few pictures.

No but you get a general sense of the mindset. Just as the German had to be de-nazified how will they be de-jihadified? It will be tough but possible. It will never happen though. This is all just so much message board conjecture, but hey its fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom