U.S. ambassador to Libya, and 3 others killed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak to the fact of whether or not they all truly want us dead, but here's a question:

If those in the Muslim religion really hate the West, and want us all "converted or dead", why do you not read account after account of them committing attacks on our people before WWII? I mean, their holy book has been around for centuries. Did they frequently try and attack Americans whenever they got a chance, and I just haven't heard about it? Or did the United States get a little too involved in their politics after the war?

There was no television and mass media before WW2. Yes they hated us then. Kinda hard to do a terrorist attack when you're country is so poor and secluded that there isn't much chance to get at anyone. They've hated us since the Crusades. Do I think muslims in Europe are different than the middle East? Sure. Theyve learned that the infidels arent that bad. The secluded isolationist middle eastern countries? Not so much.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yet in another thread you'd rather side with an anti-US regime over a true ally, just because it's logisticallly expedient? :uhh:

What I said in the thread you are referring to is that doing to to Pakistan as many posters suggested would be tantamount to abandoning our troops there. Anyone who understands the problems associated with supplying large numbers of troops with the materiele they need to fight a war cannot argue with that.

As I've said not once but many times - sometimes being practical overrides other considerations.

Of course if you believe otherwise feel free to argue your case that abandoning our troops in Afghanistan to support one doctor there that helped do away with Bin Laden is the right thing to do.

Good luck with that.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was no television and mass media before WW2. Yes they hated us then. Kinda hard to do a terrorist attack when you're country is so poor and secluded that there isn't much chance to get at anyone. They've hated us since the Crusades. Do I think muslims in Europe are different than the middle East? Sure. Theyve learned that the infidels arent that bad. The secluded isolationist middle eastern countries? Not so much.

Yes, Muslims have hated us since the crusades. When American crusaders crossed the Atlantic to liberate the holy lands.......wait what?

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak to the fact of whether or not they all truly want us dead, but here's a question:

If those in the Muslim religion really hate the West, and want us all "converted or dead", why do you not read account after account of them committing attacks on our people before WWII? I mean, their holy book has been around for centuries. Did they frequently try and attack Americans whenever they got a chance, and I just haven't heard about it? Or did the United States get a little too involved in their politics after the war?

I honestly think they HAVE attacked Americans, but we were mostly kidnapped and ransomed before WWII. It wasn't until we started doing the oil thing over there that they started killing us and seeing us as "enemies".
As for wanting us all converted, etc. I think Islam is going through a phase. just like the Catholic Church thinking it's right and holy to kill non-Catholics and then the Protestants thinking it's right and holy to kill Catholics, etc. Both those factions have for the most part embraced peace. You can't convert the dead, after all....

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are we supposed to do? Hide our heads in the sand til they nuke us or (I know this is farfetched) attack us in coordinated terrorist attacks with dirty bombs? They sat and chant by the thousands death to America and even have a cute word for any non muslim (Infidel) yet by God we should be worried about their innocents. Can you show some of these innocents?

Yes, by God, because that's part of what makes us different from them.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

"Westerner" is a recent development, Muslims have been invading for centuries all the way back to the persian empire. I do believe they focus on americans due to our politics, but their quest to convert is not something new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom