UN Small Arms Treaty Coference

• Thread starter Mustang Armory, LLC
  • Start Date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mustang Armory, LLC

http://govtslaves.info/united-natio...ong-conference-for-international-gun-control/

My Summary: The meeting for this "Treaty" takes place all month long in July.

United Nations To Convene Month Long Conference For International Gun Control
| June 16, 2012 |

(SAFF) Its time once again to just say, “NO,” to the UN. As Spain deals with a bailout to “save” the economy and the country, and while the country is engaged in its worst financial crisis in recent memory, the Spanish Parliament took time this week to push for adoption of the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

This is the Treaty that will infringe on the US Constitution, the Second Amendment, and your right to self defense. The United Nations and specially invited anti firearms rights groups who want to eliminate our firearms freedoms will be convening at the UN July 2nd through the 27th to draft a Treaty to accomplish the goal of regulating firearms and accessories, and ultimately the disarming all of America.

Spain agreed with the drafters of the Treaty, with input from various international and US gun control groups, who want the “Urgent and essential” Treaty to;
“a) Include a golden rule that prohibits the authorization of arms transfers where there is a substantial risk that used to commit or facilitate the commission-¬ – serious violations of international human rights and international humanitarian law.
b) Allow a comprehensive coverage that includes controls on weapons, ammunition and related material and on ALL (emphasis added) transfers.
c) explicit regulation of solid systems of licensing, transparency and reporting.”
International gun ban groups are telling UN member states, including the United States, in unambiguous terms, to adopt this Treaty and clamp controls and international regulations on your firearms and ammunition, and all transfers, including purchase and sale of guns and ammunition. By the wording of the treaty, inclusion of the “and related material” provision would include parts, accessories, scopes, stocks, magazines, and the like. The regulations are limited only by the bureaucratic enforcers imagination. And, of course, there is the “licensing” provision that all signing Countries are required to implement.
Bill Clinton favored the provisions of the previous draft of this Treaty, but declined to present of the Treaty to the Senate for ratification. No doubt out of deference to the various strong pro gun rights organizations here, and the potential political wrath of gun owners.
George W. Bush was against this Treaty. And, his UN Ambassador, John Bolton, helped to keep a Treaty like this just a leftist’s dream. However, with the advent of “Hope and Change” in January, 2009, Barack Obama instructed Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, to “Be open” to the Treaty. The State Department will undoubtedly be heavily involved with the Treaty process at the UN next month.
The Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty has a already met four times to draft the Treaty that will be submitted to the UN next month.
Its efforts are being supported by the lofty sounding UN Office for Disarmament Affairs. The Treaty formulation will be carried out by the 193 countries belonging to the UN. Representatives from other organizations, including the “A” list of American gun ban groups were invited to attend. 2
Contrary to the gun control goals as outlined by the Spanish Parliament, the UN says that the treaty will not interfere with the way a country regulates civilian arms possession.
https://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are they pushing this again? In an election year? No way the Senate approves this BS treaty while trying to get reelected.
POLITICAL SUICIDE.
It makes for good forum disscusion but little more.

^^This is true.With a super majority needed, 60%, to ratify a treaty, it will most likely not make it through the Senate before or after the election.

M

Mustang Armory, LLC

^^This is true.With a super majority needed, 60%, to ratify a treaty, it will most likely not make it through the Senate before or after the election.

Don't forget the unconstitutional "supercommitee" could change that. I think it's slipped everybody's radar.

F

fredkrueger

The NRA sent me something on this a month ago or so. It says in my letter that Obama could sign this treaty by executive order. What that means according to the NRA is that Obama doesn't need the approval of the house nor the senate to get this done. If that is true then we are screwed. Even if its not I still believe that people should take this a little more serious. I argue with a man I work with almost on a daily basis about how Obama is anti-gun. He seems to think that Obama has done nothing as far as trying to take away our second amendment rights. I told him that since 1996 he has done everything in his power to get guns taken away from us. This treaty is right down his [Obamas] alley. And I know that if there is anything that can be done to succeed with his anti-gun policy he will do it. This is why I believe that it is critical to get him out of office this term. I fear that he is really going to put the screws to us as Americans. Even worse than he already has.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you argue with a guy almost daily about how the Pres is anti-gun, you must have an extensive list of things he's done since president to curtail our 2A rights.

Perhaps you could list them for us.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As usual when this story pops up...go read the source document and not the news story. There is no "UN Small Arms Treaty" yet...these meetings are the initial meetings to even just start talking about it.

Even then, such a treaty is meaningless. It does not at all, in any way, supplane the US law of the land. It deals with international arms transfers, and not anything to do with purchasing, owning, bearing, or anything else related to personal use of firearms by American citizens in the United States.

And, no, there is no "supercommittee" or "executive order" that can make this treaty ever supplant the rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

Nobody furthers the cause of firearms and firearm owners rights in this country by repeating a bunch of inaccurate crap. "We" are just as guilty of idiotic scare tactics as the Brady bunch, VPC, and all the rest. Make yourself smart on what this treaty ACTUALLY might say, and what it ACTUALLY might impact....don't just repeat talking points posted on a blog or forwarded in an email.

There are legitimate reasons to question this treaty, but none of them have anything to do with potential compromises to our Constitutionally-guaranteed right to bear arms in this country.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with it. It'll be a cold day in Hell before anyone disarms the American people as a whole. If this DID pass here in the USA you would see organized crime the likes that would make Prohibition look like a church revival.

Latest posts

Top Bottom