Unwelcome guest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I would agree, they seem to be somewhat docile. My experience with snakes is most all of them just want to get away from you, except a damn cotton mouth. They'll chase you when you've got a stringer of fish clipped to your belt!

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I would agree, they seem to be somewhat docile. My experience with snakes is most all of them just want to get away from you, except a damn cotton mouth. They'll chase you when you've got a stringer of fish clipped to your belt!

I hear ya on that. was fishing on a creek one time tearin up some 3-5lb bass and good sized panfish. had the stringer on me just like you said except I was standing at waters edge. reeled in a brim and pulled the hook out reached down to get stringer and damn near grabbed me a cotton mouth. He was between my legs fangs dug into a brim. I did the oh **** snake dance and went to high steppin. and guess what that stringer that the fish was hooked to was also hooked to my belt loop. So after I high step back about 6 feet and then realize oh crap the snake is on me still cause he was attached to the fish. the snake turned loose and I went to leave and he decided that was his fish and came after me. I got away and threw the fish back at the snake. Figured if he was that damned determined I would catch me another and let him have his.

I am sure I would have gave someone a heck of a laugh if they would have seen it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! I've had common water snakes look for a snack on my stringer as well, but its usually when fishing from a dock, and they are living under it.

Sure wouldn't want a water Moc after it!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
remember...........perforated and chunked!!!!! I haven't had any p & c in a lllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnngggggggggggg time. I gotta get out and get me sum.:thumbup3:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Got this guy just a little down the street from where we lived at the time. If our neighbors didn't have kids at the time, I wouldn't have killed it.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Snake_Head_Closeup.jpg

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Snake_Small5.jpg

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Snake_Small3.jpg

Attachments

• Head-Closeup.jpg
    Head-Closeup.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 108

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your stories reminded me of an incident I had once, some years ago. It was a hot summer day, and I decided to take my dog down to her favorite spot on a nearby creek so she could wander around and cool off in the water. I took a book, and found myself a comfy spot on a log next to a narrow channel in the creek bed, through which a stream of water perhaps two feet wide and a few inches deep was running. I took off my shoes and set my feet in the running water, and proceeded to read. After some time, I suddenly became aware of a snake, about three feet long, swimming/crawling down the channel - over my bare feet! I froze and waited till it had gone past before jumping up and getting my dog out of the water. I didn't get a chance to see if it was a water moccasin or just a water snake, but the experience was startling nonetheless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom