Upcoming Ok State Fair, so what's the policy on carry there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, for the less technical answer-
Concealed means concealed.
Have a great time at the fair. Be sure to eat something fried.

One more criminal carrying a gun where law abiding citizens are not allowed.

But seriously if you look around the fair there are just way too many people for a gun to really be useful in any situation. For the most part the OKC fair and Tulsa fair have more law enforcement per person than any other place in Oklahoma. Now is that 100% safe? No it does not. Does having a gun make you safer? Only if you have the chance to use it.

Just my thoughts.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you right now I carry everytime I go to the fair. Sorry but while the police presence inside the fair is nice, they dont patrol the walk ways or parking lots which is where the chance of Mr Bad person finding you.

I ran into one of my MWC officers and the first thing he did was paty my spot down and asked me if I was packing, then smile at me and said he had no issues with it.

Now if that legal, nope but then again I am not the guy that is going to go up and mug someone either.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is too crowded out there to effectively carry a gun. I'd rather carry my Ka-Bar TDI on my belt than carry my gun in that type of setting. Besides, it's posted at all the entrances with gun buster signs and on all building entrances that I saw when I was there the other day

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the fair is a nightmare for CCW if you ever had to use it. I'd have to think twice about having to draw my CCW there even if my life was under threat. Mainly because I feel that my life would be under even more threat from all the cops and other people with CCL there. My worst fear in a crowded place like that is to be mistaken as the "bad guy" and have my face blown off by another CCL who thinks he's Walker Texas Ranger or by a cop who see's a guy firing a weapon and assumes I'm the aggressor and not the defender.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm betting some of those folks at the Iowa State Fair wished they were carrying when they got caught in the middle of "beat whitey night"!

I'd have to go with this; the issue isn't necessarily needing to be armed inside the fair, it's outside, parking lots, and going to and from that would be the concern for me.

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are gun buster signs on the doors to the buildings now. I don't know how that works when the law specifically includes the fairgrounds as a okay place to cc with exceptions for sporting events, gov, etc.

cusm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading through this and the older post concerning the fair seems to come up with the big fat answer of who knows.
According to some it is good except for the PBRA events and LE buildings. Some say the no weapon sign up front and gun buster signs on the buildings mean it is a no-no, yet some suggest those are no more binding than a retail stores gun buster sign.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went to the fair last week and i carried. i always look for the gun buster sign and there was no sign.

It does say no weapons on the sign out front, but im pretty sure that its talking about unlawful weapons. it does not say no concealed firearms.

there is alot of police walking around so it feels safe inside. i even saw a couple of people getting hauled off for public intox which i thought was cool. the less loud drunk people around me and my family the better.

walking through the parking lot at night is the whole reason why i carried. since im cheap we usually park far away. always gotta on high alert when your walking through low light areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom