US Military Class suspended for views on Islam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well HATE is a stong word. Let me rephrase that, I DONT CARE FOR UZI's!

I would shoot it, but not buy it. Someone tried to sell me one, made it seem like it was the one and only gun i would ever need. I had to walk away from him before he finished talking.

Salesmen and pushers. Ahhhhhhh. I like the looks of em but never wanted one. Now a real full auto tommy gun. That on my lists of wants. Id have to get my press cranking to feed it. Just cant justify the 15 to 20 or more Gs on one

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Salesmen and pushers. Ahhhhhhh. I like the looks of em but never wanted one. Now a real full auto tommy gun. That on my lists of wants. Id have to get my press cranking to feed it. Just cant justify the 15 to 20 or more Gs on one

LOL, now were talking. I sold my semi auto tommy recently. Was gonna sbr it and thread the barrel for supressor, just decided someone else can enjoy it for what it is. I know of someone who has the real deal civilian tranferable, with a case and some drum mags, but its for 25k, let me know when you hit the lotto! What type of press? I got a hornady AP LNL, reloading .45acp, havent done much but 50 rounds so far. time is money and i dont have much to waste....lol

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you can tell, the definition of 'terrorist' isn't clear. As was said before, one person's terrorist is another person's criminal, enemy or freedom fighter. Was Osama a terrorist when he fought the soviets in Afghanistan in the 80s? Soviets probably thought so, but we clearly didn't mind.

As others have said, your view is scarily broad. Saying all Muslims want to do anything is ridiculous at best. It's no better then saying that the Westboro folks speak for all Christians. They believe in the same good book afterall, but with a very different interpretation than most.

In fact, i had a great conversation with a Muslim woman last night at a party. She doesn't eat pork, but she does drink and she doesn't wear a head scarf. Some in her religion would say she isn't truly a Muslim, but others wouldn't care. To make it worse, she is highly educated, which some in her religion would consider reason to kill her and again, others wouldn't care.

Despite the contradictions in her faith, she still self-identifies as a Muslim. Saying that she believes the same thing as the Taliban or any other extremist groups is unbelievably dumb. Ascribing any view to millions of people and claiming they all must believe it is a terrible overgeneralization.

I think the line between terrorist/freedom fighter/insurgent is the choice of target. When AQ is setting roadside bombs against our military, it is clearly more insurgent/freedom fighter in nature. But when they blow up a market or random school or bus, that is clearly terrorism.

So 9/11 was a civilian target and clearly terrorism. The USS Cole bombing is against a military target and is an insurgent operation more than it was terrorism. OKC was a civilian target so it was clearly terrorism.

That is about as clear a definition of terrorism as I can come up with. It's not a matter of perspective as much as a choice of target and method of attack.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope no one lights a match. Way too many straw men around here.

"The burning rate of loose straw is 3 times that of gasoline. The burning time of a 12’ by 12’ stall is approximately 90 seconds. You have 30 seconds to get a horse from a stall after the stall ignites."

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The burning rate of loose straw is 3 times that of gasoline. The burning time of a 12’ by 12’ stall is approximately 90 seconds. You have 30 seconds to get a horse from a stall after the stall ignites."

Omigosh! Don't ever get too many OSA members together at one time. I don't know how we made it through that gun show without going up in a whoosh.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the line between terrorist/freedom fighter/insurgent is the choice of target. When AQ is setting roadside bombs against our military, it is clearly more insurgent/freedom fighter in nature. But when they blow up a market or random school or bus, that is clearly terrorism.

So 9/11 was a civilian target and clearly terrorism. The USS Cole bombing is against a military target and is an insurgent operation more than it was terrorism. OKC was a civilian target so it was clearly terrorism.

That is about as clear a definition of terrorism as I can come up with. It's not a matter of perspective as much as a choice of target and method of attack.

I agree to an extent, but again, the line isn't clear. Was attacking the pentagon a military target or an attack on civilians on 9/11? It used a plane full of non-military people, but it also targeted a military command and control center. More importantly, 9/11 was about symbolic targets of US power, leadership, military and economic.

Terrorists, usually by the size of their force, are hesitant to take on military targets heads on. The fear created by the attacks is often as big a weapon as the terrorists have and soft targets are easier then hard targets.

I think 'terrorist' as a label is overused. I also think defining large groups as 'terrorists' is difficult because of the problems with defining the term as we've mentioned. A terrorist isn't usually defined by checking off boxes on a checklist, but more often a matter of perspective and worldview and doesn't always work as a cut and dry activity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom